Peaknit

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I am thankful...

1. Thankful this project is done.

IMG_8275
September Circle in Fiberphile Merino

A mind-numbing knit. I kind of like the pooling effect in this project, and the vibrant teal streak. I haven't decided - gift pile, or my own pile. I have knit several scarf items this fall and haven't parted with any so far. hmmm.

2. Thankful for Thankgiving in my jammies with my husband and kids. We are making dinner here and hopefully playing some silly games. There has also been some promises to get to Tangled, the movie. I may fancy the theater in my jammies if the mood strikes.

3. Thankful for the long weekend. A much needed repreive from work-y garbage.

4. Thankful that everyone is safe at home.

5. Thankful for the knitting community and all of the joy that blogland has brought to me...

IMG_8243
Like this incredibly cool "mug rug" from Jessie - a.k.a Yarntini. She is seriously the best surprise, who'd-have-guessed-gift-sender. I love that she is a yarn-dyer, yet inspires me to quilt more. I can't possible appreciate her enough.

6. Thankful that I have the Mad Men Season 2 final disc to savor over this loaf-a-rama weekend, and the first disc of Season 3 coming from Netflix.

Sometimes it truly soothes the soul to think small.

Have a wonderful and cozy Turkey Day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

A wonderful list of thanks! And your cowl is beautiful...the pooling makes it looks like it's glowing. Very cool.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home