Peaknit

Monday, August 16, 2010

My mind might be racing a bit. in spite of medication.

I have been thinking about a hundred things lately - some very cool projects, excellent books, school is starting - look! pretty colors!

Picture 583

I've pulled a bundle of fabrics in aqua and orange for my {Urban Home} Goods Swap partner. She really likes the fish in bags pattern by Heather Ross, so I thought I could start there. I am thinking some sort of play on this Liberated Wedding Ring tutorial by Little Miss Shabby. I'll be back with some result soon, I hope. I have some other ideas - this swap has truly gotten my creative juices just about spurting between my fingers, in other words keeping me up at night imagining...you should check out the group and see the amazing thing people are coming up with. Oh, the pressure.:)

Another thing that has been keeping me up at night...

My addiction

Have you read this book series by Steig Larssen? OMG. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo had been on my shelf for a year marinating, I knew it would be a trickier read, so I waited for the right moment. Then I finished the first book in a flash and even watched the Swedish version of the movie on Netflix. BIG thumbs up to both. I was impressed with the movie - it culled the details of the book so succinctly, leaving out things that would just be too confusing on the big screen. I got the second book today - I leapt off the couch and ran outside in my bare feet today to accost, er, greet the UPS guy today - I think I scared the poor guy. I can't wait to start it. I have just hugged it for awhile so far. I'm dying to see what Lisbeth and Mikail are up to in the next novel.

**side note - another cute read was Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gregg-Gilmore. It was a quick, sweet little read. I read it yesterday, between the Larssen books - like a little bit of sorbet to clean the palette.

Picture 623

Meanwhile, I really have been doing more than reading by flashlight, I finished my QAL quilt top - omg, TGIF as in Thank God it is Finished. I really appreciate Amanda Jean of Crazy Mom Quilts running another fabulous quilt a long, but these little squares drove me entirely batty. I don't particularly relish ironing, well, this baby required all too much ironing. I have ordered the backing and binding fabrics - so I hope to get it quilted soon. And then I will fold it up and just stare at it for a bit. Another quilt - wow - it will be so a record.

Ta for now!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goldfish fabric! Squee!

I love all the bluey goodness with all that orangey goodness. So pretty!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

First of all, that quilt is gorgeous!

I loved that book series...I struggled to finish the first book, but then raced through 2 and 3. Though I wish I cared a bit more about Swedish history, woulda make the books that much better...

11:58 PM  
Blogger mle said...

wow you have been busy girl! LOVE the quilt and that stack of fabrics!
I've got to check that book out...everyone's been talking about it.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I read the first book late last year and loved it. I haven't been drawn to a character in a long while like I was drawn to Lisbeth. Because of life interference, I didn't get to the other two until recently and sped through them on a trip back east. For once I didn't even notice the painful things about flying as my nose was buried for the duration of the flights and layovers.

I just saw the first movie and while not as detailed as the book, was excellent in it's own way. Lisbeth was perfectly cast...hope you enjoy the whole series!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Your quilt is stunning as usual! I love your taste in fabric choices.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Amanda Jean said...

your quilt top looks amazing, though! i love it! if i had made a sample quilt BEFORE the quilt along, there is no way i would have put everyone through all that torture. good news, though....it's worth it in the end. my qal quilt is finished and oh-so-pretty! keep forging forward!

and i LOVE the stack of fabric you have pictured. soooooo nice!!!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home