Peaknit

Monday, August 16, 2010

A quilt, a sock and a wedding...

Holy lazy day, batman! My husband and I attended a family wedding in Chicago over the weekend, so I took today off to rest. Wow, glad I did - though I have to admit I have not accomplished much, unless catching up on the DVR, napping and eating excessive snacks counts. OMG. The wedding was wonderful fun - I danced and drank with members of my extended family I don't often see. I feel a little sheepish, as I don't generally miss my extended family - and then I had such a good time. Even in my middle age, He is teaching me lessons. Humble pie is a good thing - I'm thankful for a chance to do better. It was a good time, but now, I am tired.

wedding
My sister and my husband

We also enjoyed the wedding celebration because we got good news Friday. My husband's MRI - following his April brain surgery looks good. So hopefully he'll never have to do that again. I love this picture of him and my sister. She was just 10 when I dragged him home from high school - so he is her brother from another mother for sure. Two of my favorite people, looking like they are hatching a sneaky plan.

Picture 588
Crazy Mom Quilts QAL - Week 7

I am still a couple of weeks behind in the quilt-a-long, but I am getting there - it will end up being a twin quilt...soon, I hope.

Picture 562
Finished Squid and Ink Sock Kit by Mama Blue Knitting Goods


I finished my second Squiddie sock on the way back from the family wedding - good car knitting. I would be glad to pass this sock pattern on to a good home, if you are interested leave me your e-mail address in the comments and I will get in touch for your address. I enjoyed the knit but am sure I won't knit it up again. I think I have too many good socks patterns in queue to have any time for a do-over.

Well I had better get back to overeating and guilty pleasure television - such a busy day!

13 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Kris said...

What great news about your hubby! It must be such a relief...
I love your socks and quilt. I wish I had learned to quilt at some point, but then there would be more stash, and quite frankly, there's no more room for another hobby (at this time, anyway).
Curious about the sock pattern.....was it a hard knit? It looks fantastic! Maybe a PM on Rav?

4:24 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Oh my, I used the "H" word.....so sorry. Quilting is an art form, not the "H" word.....my bad. This whole day has been a tad trying.....
Take care, my artist friend!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I'm so glad that your husband is doing so well! He looks great in the photo!

Your quilt is looking gorgeous so far. And the socks are so pretty!

9:38 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Such good news about your husband! Sometimes those lazy days off are just what we need. Love the socks and the quilt!

2:24 AM  
Blogger Caffeine Girl said...

Whew! Such good news about your husband.

The wedding sounds fun. I don't think you should feel guilty! Families are just so spread out. You just have enjoy their company when you can.

Love the sock, but looks to futzy for me!

12:53 PM  
Blogger phoenix_anew said...

Congratulations to you and your husband, and to re-learning to have fun?? :) I need to try that again ... I'm trying to get back into knitting, especially socks (which I normally love to knit!) It's been a rough year, and I'm 7 months pregnant. I would love to try that pattern! :) phoenix_anew@hotmail.com

9:37 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Ah yes, He does have a way of doing that, doesn't He?? I'm so glad you had a great time with your family, and am thrilled to hear that your husband is doing well!! What a great picture of him with your sister. I can feel the love!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Amanda Jean said...

your quilt looks FAB!

hurray for good news about your hubby! what a relief that must be!

love the socks. so much. what a fun pattern! i did some sock knitting on our recent road trip, too. i figured i best keep up the skill before i forget how to knit socks altogether. ;)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

So happy about the good MRI!!! And the sock looks great too :)

1:05 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Awesome news about your husband! What a relief for you!!! I am loving your quilt progress, can't wait to see it finished.

4:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray for good news! :) And hurray for lovely quilts and beautiful socks! Gorgeous.

8:42 PM  
Blogger phoenix_anew said...

I wanted to let you know I received my pattern today ... Thank you! It's gorgeous ... Now to find the right yarn ... I love the little pattern cards, too! Again ... thank you! :)

5:42 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

Such great news about your husband's MRI. I love that picture too. They both look so happy. Your socks turned out very cool, but I've even more amazed at your quilting skills. Have a great weekend.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home