Peaknit

Saturday, June 12, 2010

make-a-long

Pincushion Swap
Mushroom Pincushion

I hand sewed more than I have in for-ev-er today on this little pin cushion - I think it's charming - but my embroidery skills are sub par. Does anyone know a helpful hint to the french knot? I cross stitched back in high school and here and there, and have never understood those cool little knots... Anyways, I used this tutorial - thank you tute writer. It is one of my swap "possibilities" for the Scrappy Pincushion Swap over at flickr. I may try my hand at teeny little hexagons next to attempt something like this. Isn't Little Miss Shabby something?

Amy Butler Daisy Chain

I have also started the quilt-a-long with Amanda Jean over at Crazy Mom Quilts. Just the inspiration I needed to kick me in the pants to sew something big. I am using my Amy Butler Daisy Chain jelly roll with white Kona Cotton for the background. My homework for week one is done, I'm antsy to get started on the next step.

Picture 289

I know this is supposed to be a knitting blog...I feel bad I have not been knitting, summer seems to be sewing season in these parts. But I'll be back to knitting for sure - and Tour De Fleece is coming!

7 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

the mushroom is adorable, i think your swap partner would love that!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Well, that little mushroom pin cushion is the cutest thing ever!

9:27 AM  
Blogger t does wool said...

knitting...sewing...whatever...it's lovely...and it's your blog,Stacy..have a great Sunday

9:19 AM  
Blogger hook and needle said...

Don't feel limited... any art is good art, and I love hearing about quilting. :) The mushroom is adorable.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

So cute and whimsical. Hey, blog whatever you like -- I'll enjoy it no matter what. :-)

10:25 PM  
Blogger sewtakeahike said...

looooove the mushroom! how cute! Your hand stitching looks lovely to me!

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Weaveron Textile said...

The design of your pillow is very good. Which looks more beautiful with colors.To get more design in weaveron textile click on this link....:http://www.weaveron.com/

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home