Peaknit

Monday, May 24, 2010

happiness complete

Gosh, it's early on a Monday. I was up far too late watching the final chapter of LOST - and I admit I was up in the night pondering it. Wow, it's a lot to understand and my mind struggles to shut off when it should. So I will be tired today. Then, as much as I should still be sleeping, I am enjoying the silence in semi-darkness here, chatting to blogland. Though, I would be lying if I didn't say that I am slightly jealous of my entire family's uncanny ability to sleep soundly in 80 degree heat with traffic noise. And wow, the birds are so...happy. cheep cheep cheep.

Picture 205
my finished quilt...

At last my own tangible happy project is done. Here it is hanging on my blank white wall at work. I have really enjoyed having it in my office, though I am finding it almost distracting, in the most lovely way of course. My co-workers have all come in and commented - many remember their own banana seat bike. And the colors are kind of mesmerizing, a happy mess. I hope to keep happy-feel-good on the top of my to do list, by thinking of new things to be mindful about. I'm think that I am the type of person that has to be "doing" something most of the time, so I will think of my projects as stepping stones on the path of happy. Eyes on the prize, if you will.

The Monday morning question is, what's next?

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, very pretty!

6:24 AM  
Anonymous kim said...

A beautiful project and a beautiful outlook to match. I am blown away by your amazing skills. I look at that quilt and think, "Cheerful!" Have a great week!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

What a great happy thing to have in your office! Like you I'm super tired because I couldn't shut my mind off after Lost either!

7:38 AM  
Blogger yarntini said...

The quilt is perfect! LOVE the munki bits and still can't believe you sent me some of the recess... which I still need to write you about!

I hope you enjoyed the show last night. I really did (although the hubs did not) even though it was incredibly sad. I've decided to avoid most of the online dissection and chatter about it for a while, which is totally not my norm. I know there will be a lot of people that wanted more "answers" but I think they really pulled it right back to the first episode and what Lost was all about.

8:27 AM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

love love love the quilt!!! i want to make one now...

and i'm avoiding reading anything about LOST, as i haven't seen the last couple of episodes. tonight or tomorrow...

8:43 AM  
Blogger Trisha said...

I love how LOST ended. I like how they made it kind of nostalgic. I love how it ended like it began and everyone ended up together.

I love how your quilt turned out. Very cute!

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty! The perfect anti-grey day quilt. :)

1:48 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Such a pretty quilt! It must be cherry to have in the office!

We're watching the finale of Lost tonight. I'm looking forward to it!

7:06 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Congrats on such a beautiful quilt! the colors are so pretty together. LOVE IT!

9:05 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

bravo!! the quilt is beautiful...have a great week,Stacy~

9:07 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

So pretty! That's a great way to cheer up the office.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Amanda Jean said...

fantastic colors going on in that quilt. i love it!

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home