Peaknit

Sunday, March 07, 2010

To infinity - and beyond!

Warning :: I have many unrelated things in my head today - so I hope you will bear with me.

infinity

I finished my Dipped Infinity in a week. I love it! Though, she needs a good blocking - it is curling up like a sleeping bag for now. This project has been a great way to use a myriad of different fingering weight yarns. And now, it has me on the hunt for something else that uses different colors to use up some more. I am yearning to keep at my quickie projects, maybe a stripey set of Toasts? Suggestions welcome.

I also have to tell you what happened to my mittens this week...On Wednesday, on my regular walk, I found my mitten - the one I didn't know I had lost. I apparently had dropped it right in the exit path of a factory - where lots of semi-trucks methodically squashed my mitten. Let's call it blocking-to-the-max. After shaking off the dirt, it appears perfect, well, a little duller, but a bath will help. How is that for a vote of confidence for Plucky Knitter's MCN Worsted? It takes a licking.

flat-mitt

I just finished Under the Dome by Stephen King. King, is a departure for me. I read all of his books up to about 1987 (The Tommyknockers, I'm thinking?) and then decided enough. He writes about gross things and the clown on IT, well, that truly was "it". Ack, hate clowns. Anyways, my kindle allows me to "sample" books - and I thought King deserved another peek, I mean - for free, why not. I ended up buying the 1000 page book of crazy...and I liked it. Just sayin.

gramandgirls

This cute little grandma is to blame for my shameless book loving.

13 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Beautiful scarf! And wow, I'm surprised that mitten survived!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

your darling dauhters are so pretty:) I love your new scarf:) I have been thing about this quite a bit. I was actually shopping my stash for pucky knitter MCN fingering today. Found quite a few. Only the colors are questionable in term of coordinating together. I think i may have to do the same with my socks that rock stash. Soon though really, really soon:)

You could take up weaving--that is what I have been doing hoping to bust through some stash:)

10:11 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

I need to check in more often! I love the infinity scarf!! It's gorgeous!!

1:43 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Mitten survival is amazing!! Go Plucky! And phew that you found it!

Love the infinity scarf, but love even more the idea of some stripey toasts! I have an entire bucket of leftovers that I should dive into!

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your mitten survived! Also glad to know that Under the Dome is good. It's on my reading "waiting list".

5:20 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I quit reading Stephen King around the same time you did, and for the same reason: Pennywise! ACK! I also liked Under the Dome...it was a good re-introduction to him and I do love a good long book.

Hooray for mitten survivors!

6:33 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

great knit Stacey...and that's for the info on the book ;)
cute girls...grandma,too

6:48 PM  
Blogger Trisha said...

The scarf is beautiful! That is amazing that you found your mitt and that it is looking that good after the beating that it took. I love to read too. Can't read Stephen King though, he would give me nightmares.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Your Dipped Infinity is beautiful! The colors are divine and it looks so nice and squishy. I just finished mine and am also wondering what to do with the 8 half-balls of fingering weight yarn...I think some form of mitt is a good idea.

How crazy about your mitten!! I'm glad you found it!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Gorgeous scarf! I LOVED Under The Dome! My boy Steve hit it out of the park on this one!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Gorgeous scarf! I LOVED Under The Dome! My boy Steve hit it out of the park on this one!

11:59 AM  
Anonymous kim said...

How impossibly beautiful are those girls?! And such a cute grandma. Oh, yeah, and lovely knitting. I've just recently discovered (I know this is nuts) Dean Koontz. So enjoying the Odd Thomas books.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

your scarf is gorgeous!

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home