Peaknit

Sunday, February 21, 2010

two thumbs up! way up!

200px-Shutterislandposter

Shutter Island by Dennis LaHane

I loved this book and now, the movie. I admit, I just read the book after seeing the exciting trailor for the film. But I am here to say, without the book, the movie would have been harder to follow. The story unfolds on Shutter Island - where the only inhabitants live or work at Ashcliffe, the hospital for the criminally insane. Enter Leo DiCaprio - a US Marshall there to solve a mystery. It is hard not to wonder...who is the crazy one here? Nice twists and turns. I'd recommend reading the book first, but as always, Leo rocked it. AND Mr. Lahane also wrote Gone Baby Gone and Mystic River - so how can this be bad?

16_canttakeapicture

And I have another hat. I, who never dons a hat, now has two. A 16 Sixteen Cable number, I love it - I stash busted some Debbie Bliss Cashmerino- it's all good. If I had another thumb, it would be up too.

12 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

I'm too much of a wimp to watch a scary movie like that, but I do think I need to get over my fear of cables because that hat looks awesome!

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous hat! Thank you for the Shutter Island recommendation, I've been hemming and hawing about it for days!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I haven't read the book, but I was looking forward to the movie. I'm hoping I'll be smart enough to follow along :) The hat looks great and I love the picture! You look great!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

I've been intrigued by Shutter Island ever since the trailers started coming out. However, the trailers alone scare the bejesus out of me! Love Leo, but might have to wait to DVD to watch this one. In the meantime, maybe I'll pick up the book. And read it in broad daylight :)
Love you cable hat - I've queued the pattern!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Awesome hat! I love it! And I'm intrigued by Shutter Island, but the previews alone freak me out and make me mute the tv and hide my eyes...

11:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You look adorable! That hat is perfect on you!

That movie looks toooo scary! I don't know if I could handle it. Looks pretty good though.

12:15 PM  
Blogger cbarnwolf said...

I love your hat. It's very pretty. But what does it say about me that I read it "Sixteen Candles" as in the 80's movie, not once but 3 times.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I'll admit to being a wimp about this book and movie - a little too scary for me....maybe it's because I work around people like this every day?
I can't help stop myself from chanting...."Mama's got a brand new hat, umm hmm." It's a great hat, BTW!

5:09 AM  
Blogger t does wool said...

I love the hat...the movie was great...yes,I usually read the book first...but now I need to read it.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a freaking FABULOUS picture of you...and I love the hat too :)
Love you, Kasey

5:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't know this was a Lehane book..... That changes everything!! I gotta tell you, I wasn't into this movie at all until this post. Thanks!

12:58 AM  
Anonymous kim said...

Okay, that hat is fabulous! I love your expression. I must make this one.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home