Peaknit

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Proof that there is a hat for every head.

CanonXT 002
The Coline Hat by a black pepper

The yarn is The Plucky Knitter Mcn Worsted in Golightly

The true color is more of a robin egg blue but I love how this soft photo shows the stitch definition of the cables. MCN is so "round" it is wonderful for showcasing cables. I wore this hat home today - it snowed a ton here - and it felt so good to have a hat that liked my head. Or better, a hat that I liked on my head. I would recommend this pattern and I learned a new skill - tubular cast on, snazzy. If you have a minute browse a black pepper - there are some really amazing things - like this gorgeous sweater.

If you need a yummy breakfast idea - I made these hearty Oatmeal Pancakes over the weekend, omg, they were so delicious. But buttermilk - can you really go wrong with any recipe that calls for buttermilk? I think not.

Peace out knitters!

8 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Super cute hat! I love the cables -- very neat. How on earth did you manage to score some Plucky mcn worsted? I don't have the patience for the updates

10:04 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Gorgeous gorgeous hat!! And the pancakes. A must try!

3:00 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Golightly is my very favorite colorway. Your hat is tremendous!
I love black peppers designs!
Must read Orangette's blog. I bought the book, and it's a great read!

5:12 AM  
Blogger mle said...

I love that hat! I've had it in my queue for a while. Those cables are so pretty!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Gorgeous hat!!!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Jacki said...

Fantastic hat! The shape of the cables makes them a little reminiscent of polka dots, so you've got the perfect combination of rustic and modern.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Journeying Five said...

love the hat! love the photo!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great.... now I want pancakes!

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home