Peaknit

Saturday, December 26, 2009

My new crush...

kindle

My Christmas eReader - the Kindle from Amazon.com. I love it so much, I want to marry it. I bucked the eReader trend until my daughter lost my Twilight book this fall - I wanted to refresh my memory, so I downloaded it onto my Ipod from Barnes and Noble - and I am hooked. How sneaky is this? I can read anywhere. As in, during eye bleeding office meetings, the ridiculous line for swimming lesson sign up, while waiting in my car, in line for afterschool pick up - ack! I realize, a book is probably okay in the last two situations, but the office meeting, notsomuch. I can download books onto my Kindle and on my Kindle app via iTunes, so doubly fun, I can be toting a book at all times. And it saves my place in a pinch, allows me to add notes (since I often dog-ear pages to come back to a quote and then, for the life of me, I don't remember what touched me in the moment), it has a simple little browser, I can e-mail pdf's to myself (hello, knitting patterns on-the-go). It's altogether too fun, and being a bit of a gadet whore - it's a perfect marriage. Loving another gadet. Don't worry ipod touch, you are still my BFF.

jack set
The Raglan Sweater - Erica Knight

And then because I do also knit, I have to show off the finished sweater and hat for my nephew-to-be. He is due to debut on or about January 22. I can't wait. My kids have been the first and only grandkids forever, I have some spoilage to catch up on. This little sweater was a pain in my arse. If I thought I hated seaming, this is my proof. Blah! The little hat, however, was fun to whip up - and since we are mostly Packer fans, it fits. My sister, Jack's mommy, is a Bears fan...but they still suck last I checked (do you know da Yooper's).

Before I am outed :: yes, I was a Bear fan when Jim McMahon played for them and thay won the Super Bowl when I was in the 9th grade - that was more than 20 years ago, so I don't think it counts.

10 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Your little gadget sounds like a blessing in disguise. I might have to look into one of those one day. Isnt that pattern just the best, I loved knitting them up too. Yours looks wonderful in green.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Ooh, I'm jealous of your Kindle! I want one too :)

11:15 PM  
Blogger Trisha said...

Your Kindle sounds very cool! It sounds like it has a lot of cool features. I love to read so I can relate to you wanting to have a book on hand at all times. The wee sweater and hat are adorable. I am loving that green.

1:26 AM  
Blogger Caffeine Girl said...

The baby sweater and hat are just too cute! Wish I had some babies to knit for!

I can't decide about the Kindle. I love the feel of books so much!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

I love the idea of the Kindle, but still love to pick up a 'paper' book. Glad you love it so much though. Cute sweater and hat. I've already cast on for a 2010 Christmas gift!!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Ok, now I want a Kindle. Thanks a LOT. :) Seems like an awesome new toy - have fun with it!

The little baby stuff is so cute! I've never really followed football closely and never got attached to either of the northern California teams, but I did go to church camp with Mike Holmgren's daughters growing up so started liking the Packers when he became their coach. It will be interesting to see who your nephew grows up to follow!

9:47 AM  
Blogger t does wool said...

I am fearful of leaving the feel of a book...do you love it really??
and the knit Stacy is gorgeous!!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Lucky you! The Kindle is so cool and practical.

And the little sweater is very sweet. Go Pack go!!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Very cool! Merry Christmas to you!

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The little hat and sweater are all packed for the hospital. They are so cute...I just have to try to put him in them, even if he swims. Thanks Auntie Stacey...
Love Kasey and Baby Jack.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home