Peaknit

Sunday, December 20, 2009

making a list....

holiday list

Notice, Excedrin tops the list. Ah, the holidays are around the corner and I am now stocked with Excedrin - it's the little things - the real little things, apparently. I did manage to check off the whole list yesterday and have just about everything wrapped up - except a few more secret gifts for the girls - that has to wait for bedtime. I am glad to have the teacher gifts bought - but the sweet mail lady is eluding me, hmmm - what to get her. I gave fingerless mittens last year, any ideas? I am giving "New Year's gifts" to the Sunday School teachers, which really means a clever (albeit temporary) way to put off coming up another gift. *sigh*

I haven't handmade much to give this year which makes me a little sad. Of course, there are still 5 days left - it is typical for me to start something on the 23rd to give, so you never know. Do you do that? Something about the 11th hour is appealing to me - doh! I would like to make some of these felty ornaments...look at the yummy Heather Bailey felts ::

CanonXT 086
I just love the aqua and red.

I hope every one of you gets a little relaxing in as the holidays settle in - I mean, you have to find moments to take a deep breath, to reboot...

CanonXT 094

I had my husband take a picture of how I ran out of handspun on my second mitered mitten, and squeezed in a little "child's pose" relaxation (because I RAN OUT of handspun - gah!) - you have grab those quiet moments whenever you can! Good luck muddling through the last fews days of chaos.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Looks like you're making great progress! I did EVERYTHING on my list yesterday, but today has been a complete wash. Except for knitting a whole star-crossed slouchy beret and drinking a lot of tea. ;-)

8:23 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

That last picture is priceless!!! Here's to a fabulous week of crossing off lists and finishing knits!

12:55 AM  
Blogger YarnThrower said...

Just a thought... For Sunday School teachers (and just about *all* teachers), my standard gift is a couple of my large gingerbread boy cookies (I make over a hundred of them every year for quick gifts) paired with the "stress relief" soap in the pump bottle from Bath and Body Works. (I think that "stress relief" is probably in order for just about anybody who spends time with so many kids :-) I buy the soaps in bulk during one of their $3.00/bottles sales which they have periodically throughout the year. (Also, gifts that are "Consumable" are gifts which don't have to be dusted, stored, etc...) Just some ideas...

Such a *bummer* about running out of the handspun!!

6:28 AM  
Anonymous kim said...

Oh, no! Those mittens were rocking. I want to give you a huge heart"felt" thank you! I have been searching for quality felt for ages. Now I know where to get it. Merry Christmas!

5:23 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

love that last photo Stacy!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Trisha said...

Oh man! Those mittens were looking so pretty.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Great photo! Ah.....the lists! Well, at least it's just weaving in ends for me, and blocking. Here's hoping everything will dry fast enough!
Merry Christmas to you!

5:27 AM  
Blogger Journeying Five said...

The last picture looks a little like your grieving about running out of homespun, hopefully you can find some to finish up.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love that red and aqua together, too. I like odd colors together. Colors you don't expect to see that way.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home