Peaknit

Monday, November 02, 2009

Time Flies! And a mystery sock spoiler!

Wow - time just seems to fly. Did you know that we only have 50-some shopping days until Christmas? That became cold reality to me when I was checking out the Halloween goodies at Target to find Christmas stuff an aisle away...so I thought what the heck, I bought some wrapping paper to prepare. I tend to be an early shopper, I have some things squirreled away already - with my biggest fear being I will not remember where they are on Christmas eve. With my handy new ITouch "List" application - I should be good to go. Of course, there's an app for that!

bored
Earnest is tired just thinking about all of that shopping...

With the holiday shopping, comes the holiday knitting. I really enjoy seeing what people are working on. I have a itsy bitsy short list to knit for this year. I tend to be very selective because 1. I knit for myself and 2. people don't always understand the time cost - time is so limited with all of the preparations. (including a baby shower for my sister squeezed in there:) My mom requested socks - of course, the most time comprehensive short of a sweater, but I am kind of stoked about it. So in honor of my 500th post I am planning a contest for you guys to help me decide on a pattern - more on that in the next (500th!!) post - please put your thinking caps on for me knitters! :)

Lastly, I wanted to share my newly finished Mystery Knit-a-Long socks. Omg, I just love this yarn, this colorway, this pattern and my new shiny shoes. They are so shiny - can you see my reflection in them?

fancy_socks

Yarntini Superwash Merino in Honeytini + Shoes Marcelle by Dansko = true love.

one last bit of news - check out this blog - these woman have been doing the most awesome virtual quilting bee. I am jealous, terribly, of the cool stuff they have created. Well, now it seems their blog will be parlayed into a book - so we can all join up! To celebrate they are giving away some gorgeous fabric - check in out!

13 Comments:

Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

ACK! That how many days til Christmas just freaked me out a bit!

Love love love the shoes and the new socks! Gorgeous! And I love that I can see your reflection too!

11:12 PM  
Blogger Trisha said...

I know, AHH, Christmas is right around the corner. Gotta get sewing and knitting. I really would like to get everything made and bought by the end of November so I can enjoy the season. We will see if that happens. :)

And like I said on Ravelry...LOVE the socks and cute shoes!!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Caffeine Girl said...

LOL! I thought I was the only person who shopped early and then forgot where I hid everything.

I did socks for my mom, my two SILs, my MIL, and my best friend. I will never commit to this much gift knitting again!

I love that Yarntini yarn. And the shoes. I am a big Dansko fan. Very comfortable and (I think) adorable. DD, however, thinks they are middle-aged. Oh, well.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Gorgeous socks and shoes! Love, I mean I adore the shoes and yes I can see your reflection:)

Pretty cool:)

4:36 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Wow, you're one post away from 500?? That's impressive! And EEK about the Christmas shopping! I've already started making lists, but...aaaah how is it November already?!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

I always hate seeing the Christmas stuff out there before Halloween even ends. However, it did remind me that we need to buy some LED lights for the tree. Last year we waited until December to look (imagine that) and they were already sold out!

Super cute shoes and socks - Danskos are my favorite for showing off the handknits.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Gorgeous socks!! Love the shoes too! I am ignoring the how many days information though ;)

6:14 PM  
Blogger YarnSnob said...

Can't think about Christmas yet. Earnest looks relaxed and taking it all in! Bless him!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Love the socks, the color, and the shoes!

7:54 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

Such great socks (and shoes)!!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

What lovely socks and shoes ~ Love!

12:15 PM  
Anonymous tiennie said...

Yours turned out beautifully!!

1:46 AM  
Blogger Amanda Jean said...

GREAT photo of your socks. love it!!!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home