Peaknit

Monday, September 21, 2009

I gotta sock!

favorite_pose
fabulous Yarntini superwash merino in Project Runway pair - Make It Work! and Carry On! Better pic of the heel/ toe/ cuff here.

This sock went so quickly - I just cast on 64 stitches and stockinetted my heart out. I finished the toe on a "knitting cruisette" last night - check out pictures here (we were chatting away in a corner and weren't in any and I forgot my camera - doh!:)The weather was kind of sketchy, but we hardly noticed as we knit and talked and ate. It was put on by Wool and Company located in Geneva, Il. They had wine, cheese, fruit and desserts. It is about 2 hours from my house - and it was so worth the ride to hook up with my non-blogging friend Christine's, non-blogging friend Carolyn. Did you follow that? I met Christine through a swap several years ago, she is from Massachusetts. Her friend, Carolyn, moved from Mass. to the Chicago area where, I believe, she grew up. I was lucky enough to meet them both in person last fall in Chicago - and now, Christine is sharing her knitting friend, Carolyn, with me. How do you like that knitters? Knitters are awesome - I mean, sharing whole friends. I feel blessed to know such fabulous women. And the gelato, ooey gooey bar and smore bites before the cruise were the icing on the cake. I love that Carolyn likes dessert as much as me.

Speaking of fabulous women, Tiffany of Tigglegiggles.com has spoiled me in a great swap - sharing many of her coveted munki prints for some of my less coveted ones. I am *this* close to cutting into some munki for a quilt. Makes me shiver to think about it. October 1 is the kick off date with this flickr group.

munki_swap

I hope you are all well! Have a great week!

18 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Love that sock yarn ~ great sock!
Can't wait to see your munki. :)

8:48 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Oh, what a pretty sock! And I love that new fabric!

9:03 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

That fabric is just well beyond precious!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Trisha said...

Sounds like a fun event! I wish I had a regular knitting group, or a knitting group at all for that matter. Love, love, love that sock. Great colors and I love the way it stripes and the coordinating heel and toe. I could go on...

9:40 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice sock!! Awesome fabrics!!!

9:53 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

love that sock!! and great swap,too.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I had a great time, too! I think we definitely hit a quilt shop next, though. You keep showing such fabulous fabrics that I'm completely inspired to stash more!!

11:54 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Love the sock!!! And love the knitting with friends :) I totally get the shared knitting friends! I've been to Portland so much that my best friend there has knit with Woolgirl and I quite a bit and now she hangs out with Woolgirl without me (which is hard sometimes...hehehe)

And that fabric....too cute!!

1:39 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

That munki is going to make a great quilt.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

so glad you had fun and so sorry i missed it this year. i would've love to have met you too.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Love your Tim Gunn socks. I am envious of your knitting cruisette - yummy food, good friends and knitting! We've got 10,000 lakes up here, where are our knitting cruises? :)

9:22 AM  
Blogger Jill L said...

Love the stripey-ness of the yarntini with the matching heels and toes -- great job!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Amanda Jean said...

what a wonderful sock!

i LOVE your fabric stash, too!!! such sweet fabrics.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Cute sock! Glad to hear the cruisette was fun. Funny thing, I was up in your part of the world over the weekend - Mt. Horeb/Blue Mound State Park/Madison. We were trading places. :-)

10:26 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Nice sock!! And those munki prints are some of the cutest fabrics I have ever seen in my life.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Staci said...

I love the sock...and am jealous of the Munki fabric. :)

6:48 PM  
Blogger NatRed2 said...

I really like how that sock turned out! Cute fabric too.

11:53 AM  
Blogger April said...

OHmyword!!!! Are those ALLLLL Heather Ross prints? I have not seen some of those! Can't wait to see what you make!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home