Peaknit

Saturday, July 04, 2009

What time is it?

It Tour De France time! I have decided to join Tour De Fleece this year, joining Hello Yarn's spinning team. I have some Peat club fiber I have been wanting to spin, and honestly, my wheel has been lone-ly...

yarn 017
Peat SW Merino by Hello Yarn

I am certain to wear a white jersey for "rookie rider" but honestly, I am feeling like I should have a special jersey designated for the lazy and apathetic rider - but if these riders were either lazy or apathetic, they probably wouldn't be invited to TDF, huh? Okay "young" rider it is. I am having a bout of the lazies, we'll see if my wheel inspires some good stuff. I am setting a seemingly tiny goal to complete two bumps. This goal seems anything but teeny to my lazy self, promise.

I have offically finished my Old Red Barn Co. Quiltalong - my quilt is fresh from the dryer, fully bedecked with crinkles. So good. I am so proud to have finished, I just have to keep posting pictures of this project.

crinkly
crinkly goodness

It isn't exactly the right size for any bed in the house - so I am thinking it will be a good, snuggle-on-the-couch-for-a-movie-quilt.

Next up in the sewing dept, a baby stacked coin quilt, there is a great tutorial here. I am mid-stack right now with these fun fabrics...I'll wait. Aren't those whimsical robots the cutest?

I'm head over heels for baby fabrics cuz, I am going to be an auntie. squee! I am far more excited than I thought possible. But I will get to love a new baby. I get to kiss baby feet and smell baby head - and then the baby goes home, so I can aptly miss it til next time. How wonderful will that be? My poor sister - I have been packing up any of our baby things to ship off to her house. Make room dearie!

13 Comments:

Blogger Trisha said...

I don't get tired of seeing pics of your quilt along quilt. I just love those cheerful colors. Congrats on your soon to becoming an auntie!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

Great work on the quilt!
I'm knitting in the TdF KAL again (on Ravelry this time). I'm going domestique this year - supporting my teammates and knitting along.

Have fun with the spinning!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Caffeine Girl said...

The quilt is beautiful. It should be on your couch so lots of people get the chance to admire it.

Being an aunt is wonderful. I was amazed how much I loved the first one when she was born!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Hunny said...

I love that stacked coin quilt. I added it to my favorites to make some time real soon. Great post!

1:09 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Congrats on becoming an auntie!! Yay!!

The quilt is just gorgeous!! Well done!! Good luck with the spinning! Go spin go!

1:11 PM  
Blogger ulli said...

thank you for the tutorial link. what a lovely quilt! i might make one for miya too. and how cute is the robot fabric!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Lovely your quilt - looks like the perfect quilt to use as a movie throw. :)

9:04 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Speaking from much Aunt experience (my oldest nephew is 21), all nieces and nephews are great, because you can send them home, love them, but not parent them, for the most part.
Lovely quilt, and good luck in TDF!

5:34 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Congratulations on being an auntie soon!! Just think of all the baby knitting/sewing possibilities!

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Kim said...

Your quilt is just so beautiful - the colors are wonderful! Congrats on being an Auntie. My firstborn niece is 30 now and she has a 7 year old. i remember the day she was born like it was yesterday! So special. Enjoy the new knitting opportunities!

10:32 PM  
Anonymous keri said...

Yum! Everytime I see peat, I have the same reaction. Can't wait to see what you spin up!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Good luck with the spinning!! :) Love, love, LOVE the crinkly goodness!!!!!

:) Congrats on being an auntie-to-be -- it's fun to knit for new little ones. :)

10:19 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

I adore the quilt...a wonderful job there!!

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home