Peaknit

Friday, May 22, 2009

another match!

I could start calling this blog Match.com - I have another sock. After many months of wondering where my sock mojo had gone - I have recently knit up two singles to go with socks I started a year ago. My most recent finish in the Tesserae by knitspot.

avoiding_work
::Tesserae in The Woolen Rabbit Burgandy Bean Harmony Sock Yarn::

I have to admit, I was bored stupid near the end - as I was fixed on American Idol, I knit and knit and knit, to get to the end of this mind dulling project. I love the texture but it disappears when you yank the sock on. But it's done and I have something useful. Whew.

And I have even started another sock. I know. It's the Marlene by Cookie A. My knitting penpal, Christine, made the first one. The yarn is String Theory MCN - it's so squishy, I love it. And the pattern is surely going to keep my interest.

I could even make some knit progress in the next week. My husband and I have taken off together to do do landscaping work - which will inevitably lead to some car knitting as we troll the nurseries. A week of yardwork with my husband is a little intimidating. We do not work together on projects well - we are more independant workers, really. So far, we have our old, overgrown area dug out, dirt is ordered and we have rough sketch in our minds of what plants we want to try. We have some indoor projects "in case of rain". There are a couple of fun things on the itinerary to keep us working when it's work time. So here's hoping we can stay motivated and not end up playing Guitar Hero.

11 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Pretty socks! I love the color. Sorry it was boring at the end, but I'm glad you finished them.

Good luck with your landscaping this week! I hope you have great weather.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

Those socks seem well worth the boredom. I can relate to the trials of doing projects together. The end result is great, but the journey not so much. Have a great weekend!

9:41 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

The blog where single socks find true love....just perfect :)

Good luck with your landscaping this week!! Take lots of before and after pics for us!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Beautiful socks! The pattern and color work so well together.

Best of luck with your landscaping project. :-) I'm just tackling my window boxes this weekend (and squeezing in a quick trip to Milwaukee with a Brewers game on Mon.).

7:16 AM  
Blogger Trisha said...

Very pretty! I love finishing a pair. The feeling of putting BOTH socks on and walking around in them is divine.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I agree that I like a little pattern, not hair-ripping or anything like that, but nice and leisurely, so that I can be involved, but not stressed. You gotta love having hand-knit socks though. They are gorgeous on your feet, such rich color!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Match.com...hehe! Great socks, and good luck with the landscaping!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous tiennie said...

I think they turned out great!

12:36 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Pretty socks! Good luck on your projects. Happy belated birthday, too.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Ah, my husband & I work together the same way...might I suggest being "in charge" of different portions of the project? lol

The socks are pretty & cushy looking -- can't wait to see the cookie a sock!

9:26 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

You might have been bored, but these are so cute!

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home