Peaknit

Sunday, March 29, 2009

has it really been a week already?

Wow, I have been an apathetic blogger lately. I have been reading all of my usual suspect's blogs but have even been kinda lazy about comments. I think it's the last teensy bit of winter blues. I just want to lay on the couch more. We had some gorgeous weather a few weeks back, and now 6 inches of snow this morning, ack! So I am going to try to resolve 1. to be a better blogfriend and 2. to have something to blog about - a.k.a knitting.

I haven't been completely fruitless, but a pokey pete indeed.

Several days late for my 9-year-old's birthday, I presented her with a February Sweater for her American Girl. Green is her favorite color and I had this gorgeous Funky Carolina Handspun marinating. I mostly un-knit it at knitting group this week and then worked on it on the train to Chicago. We went to the American Girl Store as her birthday-o-rama. It was kind of funny, my mom, sister and I taking my daughter to AG - yes, three grown-ups - one child. It was a good time - Lib got a new doll, lunch was yummy and the whole day was about perfect. BTW, I have a request for a matching beret. That's the best gift ever.:)

another february

The first three pictures are actually representative of the colorway. I am trying to grow into my camera and went about fiddling with white balance. One of my co-workers is an amatuer photographer and he has dubbed Friday "camera day" - where he tries to teach me stuff. White balance was one of my assignments. It's kind of fun.

I have also been spinning - actually, I feel a little bad to have abandoned my knitting a bit in place of the wheel. I spun up my Funky Carolina Scrappies.

Picture 331
love.

Now, I really need to cast on Ishbel. Need.

24 Comments:

Blogger Aline said...

What a fabulous idea for a birthday gift. It's very sweet. And your spinning is turning me green with envy. A.xx

6:52 PM  
Anonymous tiennie said...

It's so cute! How sweet of you to make it for her doll. :)

6:59 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Adorable! That is one well dressed doll.
I love seeing your spinning. :)

7:08 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

How cool that she asked for more knitted gorgeousness!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Caffeine Girl said...

The February sweater is adorable. What a great idea. And how amazing that it was appreciated properly. However, I'm in awe of your spinning. That yarn is to die for.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Aww, I love the little February sweater. I wish someone had made my AG doll one when I was little.

Gorgeous handspun too.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

That little sweater is just too cute! Your handspun is gorgeous. I love the results of spinning, but I just don't have the room for any more equipment or fiber around here!

You won't regret casting on for Ishbel, I promise. :-)

9:42 PM  
Blogger ulli said...

stacey your handspun is to die for! you made that out of scraps? wow!
and it makes me all sentimental when i see the little sweater. my mom used to make lots of outfits for my fav. doll

9:44 PM  
Blogger wiscjennyann said...

What a gorgeous gift! I just love both of the handspun yarns. I really should start knitting with my handspun, but I'm too nervous. But seeing the beautiful results makes me more confident... thank you!

2:30 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

So pretty! What a great gift and trip, sure to be remembered! Gorgeous handspun too! :)

6:03 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

The sweater is adorable, and I love the request for a matching beret! Your handspun is gorgeous!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

No worries -- I've been the same way, lately -- except my excuse isn't beautiful spun fiber, it's dragging my feet on never ending baby sweaters! lol

Lovely sweater for your baby's baby! ;) So glad she had a wonderful birthday.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Great sweater! I want to make one for my Kirsten doll now. :)

9:51 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

That wee sweater is the cutest.thing.ever.! Perk up! Spring, she's a comin'!

11:10 AM  
Blogger knittingma said...

That handspun is absolutely gorgeous! Oh, I reaaally want to cast on for an Ishbel, too. I've got too many things on my need-to-knit-now list, though (baby gifts, etc), so mine will have to wait.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I feel you about blog malaise. I'm so there.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

It's been almost two weeks since my last blog post, so no fears! I love your little FLS! And that handspun is gorgeous!
We aren't getting snow, just a lot of rainy days, and a lot of work. I'm trying to be good and do the gym thing too.

5:27 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

When did you get a new camera? White Balance is fun to monkey with. I also enjoy fooling around with the adjusting the temperature and exposure on iPhoto afterwards. Have fun,and the AG sweater is super cute!

6:00 AM  
Blogger mle said...

LOVE that scrappy handspun!

12:31 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

OMG, that sweater is gorgeous! I'm going to have to make one for my sister (new baby arriving this month). And don't feel bad about spinning replacing knitting - it's all good! You are getting really good at it too! :)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Oh my goodness, that sweater is so cute. That sounds like fun in Chicago. I've been to the American Girl store once but it was waaay too crowded to enjoy. I should go back.

Your spinning is so beautiful. That must feel so good.

4:56 AM  
Blogger t does wool said...

oh...what a sweet gift...and pretty...Ishbel..yes...I hear you!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

What a sweet FLS for Lib's doll. Happy Birthday to her too!

I've been bad about catching up on blogs and commenting as well. I need to get better at that too.

I love your handspun too - Gorgeous!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

Ishbel is certain to get you out of the blues. Love the February sweater. And your spinning? Well, it's just fabulous!

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home