Peaknit

Monday, March 23, 2009

naughty knitter

Has not been knitting...

Gosh, not much material for a knitting blog then, huh? So, in the interest of not falling off the radar entirely - let me tell you what I have been up to:

Round-Logo
Last Friday my husband and I went to a wall climbing class. What a great lesson in "trust" - one of us has the other hitched to them on the ground pulling up rope slack while the other climbs the wall. My husband almost pulled me off the ground on his descent so I had to be tethered to the floor. At least you get some cute shoes. It was a great evening, we had some awesome pizza afterwards and have three more ready-made "date nights" of class ahead.

And I have been reading:

march books

Some great, some average. I love Jodi Picoult so I pre-ordered her new one Handle With Care - if you loved My Sister's Keeper - you will love this one. It seems like the same story with new characters and a new medical issue, it was very well researched. In spite of her books similarities I enjoy Jodi, so I'll probably pre-order her next one too.

I have been spinning:

Picture 275
Hello Yarn "Churned Up" Falkland

This one is my favorite one yet. I don't think Adrian can dye an ugly thing.

And I watched Rachel Getting Married today. I truly liked it. I saw Milk last week - I liked that one even better, I totally get why Sean Penn won the Oscar - he was amazing. I really enjoyed that I had some time to myself to relish them.

I am intending to go to a knit group tomorrow - remember my resolution to find knitters? Anyways, knitting group means knitting - so I had better cast something on. So real knitting ahead!

14 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Indoor rock climbing is fun. I should get back to that again.

Such pretty yarn! I love all the colors in handspun yarn.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

How fun Stacey! Good for you:D Something you both can enjoy - great move he he...

I just love your handspun...everytime i see one of your lovely skeins it nudges me a little closer to trying it out for myself:D

9:24 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

That handspun is absolutely gorgeous. Have fun with your knitting group.

9:37 PM  
Blogger knittingma said...

Your handspun is amazing! I'm really *really* thinking of signing up for a spinning class.

Yay for wall climbing! I thing it's super fun, and it sounds like both you and your husband really enjoyed it, too.

I'm right there with you on the knitting. It's not that I haven't been knitting... it's just that I haven't had any time without a baby in my arms to do a blog post about knitting! :)

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your handspun is really beautiful. I am in awe at how quickly you've become an expert. It is truly inspiring.

9:51 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Your handspun is gorgeous - those are fabulous colors, and the spinning looks amazing!
I hope that you enjoy the rock climbing....it sounds like a fun date-night with your hubby!

5:13 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Rock climbing. You're a rock star. And I'm envious. This is one sport I would love to try if I didn't hate being in public and I didn't have mother earth boobs.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Rock climbing - how fun! And your handspun is so yummy!

9:49 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Your spinning skills are out of this world!!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Your handspun is making me drool!!!

2:40 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Pretty yarn!
A lot of people I know have been reading The Shack and I've never read anything by Jodi Picoult...I'll have to give those a try!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Your spinning looks fabulous, that yarn is just gorgeous!
Have fun with the climbing- what a cool hobby!
happy knitting (when you get time)-
ali

1:46 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Wow that handspun is gorgeous!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I need to get off my duff and watch some movies. I'm woefully behind on my Netflix queue.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home