Peaknit

Saturday, February 21, 2009

pay it forward - check!

Over a year ago I committed myself to the "pay it forward" wave. I signed up on someone's blog, that someone was supposed to send three people a handmade gift within 365 days and then those three people (myself included) posted the same offer on their own blog - and so on. Okay, well, it's been more like 395 days but I did it. I have been feeling incredibly guilty about not being more timely - but alas - my pay-it-forwardees should have something today or Monday. Hence:

Picture 075
sweetheart washcloths by Susan B. Anderson

I know, it's a repeat picture. This was part of my pay-it-forward though. I also included goodies from several etsy sellers I *heart* - spindlecat studio and a new one to me, Lippincott Soap Company. Esty is killing me with all of the wonderful goodies over there. I wonder if I could start working for roving at Pigeonroof Studios.

I've also been spinning a bit too.

Picture 071
HelloYarn in Red Velvet Cake

I spin with no final project in mind...anyone else do this? How does it end up for you? I'm so darned aimless. I do have a Funky Carolina handspun hat swap in March, so I am about to depart from my usual lack of planning.

But til then, let me close out my randomness - saw Slumdog Millionaire last night. I just loved it. There were some tough parts - seeing children living in squalor is hardly appealing to the mass public, and there were some slowish parts - but the story was wonderfully woven. Lets see was Oscar thinks tomorrow.

20 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Cute gifts!

I love the Red Velvet Cake yarn. Those are so my colors, and I love the cake, too :)

2:55 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Oh goodness. I am weak when it comes to etsy links!

Love the spinning! So gorgeous!!!!!

4:49 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

You are such a pro spinner, your skein is amazing!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Got it today and love, love, love it all! I don't know about the soap though...it smells so good I might accidently take a bite! Thanks so much!

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! That is such pretty work.

I loved loved loved Slumdog Millionaires. I can't wait for the Oscars tomorrow!

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh me, oh me, I spin with absolutely no project in mind. Which works, largely since I seem to give my handspun away as gifts.

That said, I don't think I've accomplished anything get as yummy as that Red Velvet goodness. It's looking beautiful!

3:15 AM  
Blogger Lippincott Soap Co. said...

I just wanted to say "Thank you" for mentioning me in your blog! You are so kind!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OK, That's it! I'm going to see Slumdog soon!!! I just keep hearing all sorts of good things about it. I can't resist much longer.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Stunning handspun, and adorable hearts. I don't think anyone is going to squabble over a couple of weeks. :)

I'm off to check out the movie you saw.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

love your hearts, so sweet: )

your yarn is gorgeous!

I have to see that movie, my son saw it and thought it was wonderful.

2:47 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

hey, check you out, your handspun is gorgeous!!!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your spinning has really gotten, um, GORGEOUS! If I even thought for one moment that I have the patience it takes, I might invest in a wheel and classes. Alas...

7:19 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Nice gifties--don't worry about the being a tad bit late. I am sure your downstream recipents will be absolutely thrilled.

Love your spinning--you are quite good... makes me want to learn:) I love handspun!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Those washcloths are just so adorable. The recipients are very lucky! And your newest spinning project looks AMAZING.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I love that yarn, mmmm. Wait, are you supposed to spin with a project in mind? I don't think I've ever done that. I always spin mindlessly. The few times I've tried to spin for a project I've gotten bored. Oops.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Love that handspun - it's absolutely gorgeous! :)
And those washclothes are just lovely.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

The hearts are lovely.
Your spinning is GORGEOUS!!

9:21 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

honestly. your spinning is beautiful!!!

i HAVE to see slumdog.....although, i am a huge benjamin button fan. i LOVED that movie!

9:49 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

your spinning is fabulous and I love the name...red velvet cake!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Beautiful shot!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home