Peaknit

Friday, January 09, 2009

stricken

Stricken is the best word I can come up with about my latest read. Wally Lamb's The Hour I First Believed...

wally lamb

I am utterly disappointed with this one. I waited until the new year to savor this, ack! I loved his other books so much - but this was a confusing, over-populated mess in my humble opinion. This review nails it.

But it leads me to share that I have started a new blog with my formerly-blogless knitting penpal Christine. We are both avid readers and have decided to blog about it together. I yap about Lamb's book more there. Anyways, Christine and I have our own personal reading goals - mine continues to be the 52 books in 52 weeks plan. I was stunned to see Ravelry has a group named the same - Ravelry truly has everything. It's one stop shopping.

9 Comments:

Blogger Trisha said...

Oohh I love to read. I am always reading something. I am going to have to check it out!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Trisha said...

BTW, I meant the new blog, not the book you just read and didn't like...

8:43 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Consider me subscribed! Love the new blog :)

10:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good to know. Thanks for the review. I'm not a huge fan. Sorry you were disappointed.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

That's a bummer when a book disappoints! I haven't read any of his books. To be honest I haven't read much of late, I'm so in to knitting that if I'm not actually knitting I'm reading knitting patterns and magazines!!! I Like your new blog, will have to book mark it so I can read your reviews :)

10:29 AM  
Blogger t does wool said...

ohh.now you tell me...I just order the book...maybe...

12:18 AM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

That's too bad...I had high hopes for that book too... thanks for the review -- and I'll have to remember to add your other blog to my roll so I can keep up with it!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Aw, that's too bad to hear -- I was going to pick up a copy of this one some time soon, but sounds like I should just skip it. Thanks for the warning!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Yay! I love your book reviews. I have been looking at that Wally Lamb book at B&N and now I don't think I will bother. I have so many other books to read and I don't want to waste my time.

I am glad you linked your new blog. I will definitely be checking it out. That reading list is so impressive. I wish I could read that much.....jealous once again: )

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home