Peaknit

Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Post-Christmas!

I have declared today a holiday from the holidays. A lounge-in-your-jammies-all-day, if you like, day. Christmas was wonderful but after the bustle relaxing is pretty fine too. I can blog about a couple of gifts now that they are safely gifted.

My sister laid some heavy hints on my about needing some fingerless mitts, and lime green please. I knit her a pair of Evangelines a little longer than the wrist length but shorter than the elbow length. I think they are just right. I knit them during at least three episodes of True Blood, so I have aptly named them Sookie's Evangelines - a little vampire in every stitch, I'd say. They are lettuce Malabrigo - so yummy and squishy - but I think they may pill some, I'll wait for a review.

sookie3

I also made my mom a little something - I saw the Poinsettia pattern from the winter Knitty and it spoke to me. When Anne Hanson and Kim from The Woolen Rabbit team up - gosh, it's always a winner. The sample looks like a snug fit about the neck, so I went up a needle size and to the large - and while it might have turned out a bit baggier than I wanted - it looks pretty sweet under a nice black wool jacket. And I love how it lays around the shoulders. It was a relatively quick knit - I worked at it for several nights. The Opulence yarn was yummy, I rarely use silk - this was a treat. And I think I have enough left for one for myself, em.

poinsettia3

Lastly, this is what I got for Christmas...

ipodtouchxmascw

We have been talking about in investing in one - for me for the music and podcasts, since I had no idea what it could do, and for my husband to load movies onto for when he travels abroad. So far today I have watched two episodes of True Blood on it My usually-more-practical-than-thoughtful husband downloaded the entire series! I can watch Bill Compton at work, in the car, in bed, omg. That theme song is so darned catchy. Then I surfed the internet, commented on blogs and drained too much time on Bejeweled. This could be bad. But for now - wow, I'm feeling techno...

coming soon - I have actually read a couple of books that I'd like to pass on!

8 Comments:

Blogger bockstark.knits said...

oooh, very pretty evangelines!!! and congrats on your iTouch! very cool!

5:44 PM  
Blogger YarnSnob said...

Lovely knitting and in malabrigo too :) iTouch a very cool gadget.

6:33 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Such pretty Evangelines!! And the cowl...gorgeous!!

I'm hoping for quite a few lazy days after Christmas!!! Merry merry!

Can't wait to hear the book recs!

11:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bejeweled is VERY addictive. Be careful!

I love the evanglines. Especially the color. But you know me and green.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Loverly knits as usual! :) I love the Evangeline pattern, and must knit it soon.
Santa brought us a Wii, and Guitar Hero - why didn't someone tell me? The house is a mess, the knitting is laid by the chimney with care, and well, sometimes I remember to eat. :)

5:44 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Those Evangelines are a major winner:)

10:35 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

What nice gifties! The iTouch is awesome too of course...

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am officially declaring those the yummiest evangelines I've ever seen! Srsly.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home