Peaknit

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

just enough...

Ruffles, that is.

ruffles

I finished the Just Enough Ruffles scarf this week - love. Loved every stitch of Malabrigo - gosh, that stuff is like crack. This was inspired by this pretty version - thanks Kim, for another winner! I must admit the silly thing was tedious - I mean bind off 600 stitches? That's insane. I relish the instant gratification project of course - and while this was kind of a quick one - egads, 600 stitches - insane. It is blocking as I type - it's going in the holiday gift pile...I'm really not sure if I can part with it.

lib_ruffles

I just had to show two pictures - isn't my model just a sweetie? I think I may be growing a *Through-the-Loops-worthy model*. Her daughters (and son for that matter) are knit model rockstars. My eldest was only too happy to "not look at the camera" for an artsy shot. She also asked, "can you teach me to knit, again?" Oh my word, why yes. I. can. She really caught on quickly last time we tried but kind of pooped out - however her third grade teacher is tempting her by starting a "crochet club" at school - so she wants to take the show on the road, I am pretty stoked about it. I think I love this teacher - she has moved up to #1 on my "who-will-get-a-knitted-treat-for Christmas list". Hey, I know a ruffled scarf I could give her...

Also got some MadelineTosh silk lace as part of the Magnolia Society - I am not a lace knitter - but oh, a Hanami from this, swoon. (and I complained about binding off 600 stitches, I should be ashamed...)

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How very sweet! Happy thanksgiving to you!

5:34 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

She is totally rocking that scarf!! Adorable! SIX HUNDRED stitch bind off?? Really? Ouch!

I don't think I'll show my kids this post. It'll just go to their heads. Thanks though!

5:54 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

She looks great! Hopefully you can suck her into knitting :)

6:02 PM  
Blogger sheepish one said...

your ruffly scarf is JUST enough. and lucky teacher -- if you can part with it!
i just received an order of yarn.
8 skeins of malabrigo worsted.
i could roll in it.
there are even two in there for me to knit this lovely, ruffly scarf. mine will be in the "polar morn" colorway. i cannot wait. even if i have to cast off 600 stitches.
[and isn't kim the greatest?!?]

7:23 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

That is a wicked bind off, but the finished product is so worth it.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, my...cute! And cute!

10:15 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

I think your model is quite fabulous!! Love the pics and the scarf!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

10:36 PM  
Blogger NatRed2 said...

No way could I cast on or bind off 600 stitches. Crazy knitting! Too cute tho.
My granddaughter was the same She was 5 and caught on likity split but forget keeping her at it.
Good luck with the re-teaching and have a great Thanksgiving.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Lovely scarf (and lovely model). I too, would love the teacher that encourages the craft at a young age! :)
Don't even get me started on Malabrigo! It's dreamy! :)
Happy Thanksgiving!

6:15 AM  
Blogger YarnSnob said...

Its beautiful! Model too! BO 600sts...it's like Hemlock Ring all over again! Im ready to cast on!

6:16 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh I am so into the Hanami, too!!

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is a perfect model. Look at those eyes! The scarf looks so soft and beautiful in Mmmmmmmalabrigo. I didn't mind the 600 stitches, but I'm odd like that.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Adorable scarf AND model! Happy Thanksgiving!

8:35 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

Too cute! And that is so awesome that she wants to knit again too!

3:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

She's adorable. Glad she has a knit gift worthy teacher!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love that scarf..yikes on the 600 sts though! Cute models too!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

that scarf could be perfect x-mas/b-day present! Great!

2:13 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Wow that was fast! It looks great, but your model looks fabulous!

5:27 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

She is soooo beautiful! Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Ally Jay said...

Very cute indeed both the model and the scarf

4:44 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

ooo, that is so cute! And she is such a cutie!!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home