Peaknit

Monday, October 27, 2008

on the road again....

The road to knitting, of course.

KAL_foot2

I have finished one sock's worth of clue #4 of the Through the Loops Mystery KAL - I hope to get a jump on the other sock - it's been kind of nice knitting two socks at once just because when I am done, I'll have two socks - instead of one lonely loser that may die a spinster.

I am using Mama Blue Knitting Goods Simple Merino - it is a gorgeous semi-solid but my cables are a bit obscured, that's sad. But they're socks, so I will love them forever.

In other news - I have found a couple of esty shops I want to tell you about - the holidays are upon us and I do hope to go handmade wherever possible.

I discovered Creations by RagsNehali. She makes altered little things, I have purchased a calendar and several post-it holders - including a little custom order with "thanks" on the cover - I'm thinking practical teacher gifts. So charming, terribly reasonable - perfect. And the customer service is wonderful, Nehali is so accomodating and quick - run over and get something before you can't!

I also recently received a little order from Haunt, wonderful bath products and lipbalms - it was a bit late for the intended purpose because dear Haunt was swamped - but well worth the wait. I received some decadent spray-on skin gloss - I feel like I am hoarding a naughty little treat - like good chocolate only I don't have to hide it. Not to mention the packaging was lovely - like a little present you give yourself. (you have to give it to yourself first to see if it is worthy of gift giving, right?:)

Lastly, some professional photo postcards that support a Washington State Humane Society Fostering Program that I read about - the blog is The Itty Bitty Kitty Committee - doesn't the name just tickle your sides? Anyways, the photo cards are high quality and give a little autobiography of each kitten. I love them, and so would any loyal kitty lover.

btw - Guitar Hero World Tour came out yesterday - my husband and I waited to get ourselves a little vacation souvenir, rockstar style!

13 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Sock is looking great :-) Yes, I'm loving doing both at the same time too, even if it does mean I keep changing over the dpn's cos I only have one set! But when it's all done, I'll actually have 2 socks and not just one with the thought of "what? i have to do this all over again?: :-)

6:27 PM  
Blogger RagsNehali said...

Thank you so much for being so kind & mentioning about my shop on your blog. I appreciate it greatly :)
your sock looks great..I am enjoying to read the whole process..

6:30 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

The sock is looking great! I'm totally loving seeing all of the mystery socks in blogland.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Mmm...socky cabley goodness! Thanks for the tips on the great Etsy shops!

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colorway you chose for yours!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Aw man I am really loving the socks and wish I would have had time to even cast on for mines... Maybe I will anyway --even if after the party:)

Now if I could only get my hands on some of that gorgeous mama blue ha ha...

6:15 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I'm with Marisol, I've never seen, felt, nor knit with the Mama Blue - would love to try it sometime!
You socks look lovely!
Thanks for the heads up about Etsy shops - it never hurts to start early!

5:03 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Now I REALLY wished I would have chosen the cabled version, yours is lovely!

6:13 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

That sock looks so complicated. Wow, it's very beautiful and that is nice to have 2 done at once.

Glad you had a good trip, love reading about it.

Thanks for the links, cool altered paper stuff.

6:13 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

i LOVE that color.
i am going over to get the final clue.
wasn't this totally fun?!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Olive Knitting said...

beautiful sock!

2:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those socks are so cool! So are the etsy shops you listed. Thanks for the links!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the links! I can't believe how quickly Christmas is coming!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home