Peaknit

Saturday, October 25, 2008

lost and found

I am home at last - what a great feeling, to break the threshold of home when you have been gone. It was only 8 days but 8 busy, full days.

IMG_3553
the girls in costume for the not-so-scary halloween extravaganza

We had a blast at Disney, a blast. One highlight was Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween party - truly worth every extra cent. First of all, we were able to collect about 10 lbs. of candy but also we were able to get on so many rides and see so many shows with little or no wait. It was wonderful. We "trick-or-treated" until midnight and the kids loved every second. After lights out my dh said "do you know what song I have in my head?" - Oh yes - it's a small world, I was thinking the same one. The song truly gets stuck in the craw - I think it could be a new form of torture for supermax inmates...it'll drive you to insanity - hee hee!

We also had the opportunity to eat our way through Epcot's Food and Wine Festival on our last evening. Where else could you start with a frozen mojito from Puerto Rico and end with a cream puff filled with marscapone in Italy? My husband's sister and her new husband joined us, and it was great fun - extra sets of eyes for the kids - and more foods to sample. We ended our visit to Disney with two trips through Soarin' - I truly enjoyed this crazy, fast paced trip.

Well, except when I lost my driver's license in Hollywood Studios Wednesday (a day that wasn't going great already - perceived extended family rebuff that doesn't matter now) - it felt a bit like a nightmare as I was scared I would somehow not be able to board my plane without my photo i.d... On Thursday morning we got a call from our hotel's front desk that security had found it but somehow where I was supposed to pick it up got lost in translation. So three trips to MGM lost and found, a trip to the main lost and found and multiple phone calls - at last I was reunited with my i.d. I hugged the woman who finally handed it to me and got a photo taken with her - Disney gave me a neat photo frame (with my i.d. framed) for my troubles. Truly, troubles I created myself - just another example of how awesome Disney staff is - no one was ever crummy to me, even when I nearly cried at the main lost and found. I was just kidding about throwing a rope over the rafters - I swear. I manuevered Disney Mass transit alone like a pro in search of the elusive i.d. - let me know if you ever need any tips...

IMG_3658
me, my sil, mil and the girls...

Anyways, we are home. Real knitting content to return soon! I am ready to get a jump on Kirsten's 4th clue for the mystery KAL and take lots of naps before work starts again Monday. Enjoy the weekend!

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a great trip! Thank goodness you got your ID back!

My word verification is bright. That's the first time I've gotten a real word!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Ally Jay said...

The photo is lovely. How cool that you got your ID back and that everyone was positive.

11:20 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

How cute do the girls look!! Sounds like you had a great trip! The Halloween party part sounds awesome for the kids!

1:15 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Sounds like a lot of fun (except for the photo id and rebuff stuff, imagined or not).
Your children look so cute waiting for the big Halloween party! I can only imagine their excitement!
Hope that you were able to carve out a little "me" time in there too!

6:58 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Losing my idea has always been my greatest fear--glad yous came back to you before you had to really worry!!

11:05 AM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

sounds like you had a great time! so glad you got your ID back, it's so nightmarish when you lose it especially when traveling!!!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Everything looks so great! I can't wait until the boys are old enough to enjoy Disney.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Oh how fun (except for the lost id part)! It's a Small World gets stuck in my head too...just the mere mention of it! Your girls' costumes are so cute!

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the girls look like they had such a great time. So glad you had a good trip. Your sock is coming along nicely!

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though you had some troubles, it sounds like it was still fun! Cute pics!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Love your little cuties! I'm glad you had a good time at Disney (aside from the lost ID, of course). I admit to missing that about FL -- theme parks up here just don't have the same level of...completeness? & always friendly employees.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home