Peaknit

Saturday, October 18, 2008

sun, surf, sand and socks...

Tonight my sister-in-law shall be betrothed on Ft Myers Beach, FL - a lovely backdrop, a seriously nice break from the new overnight freezes of Wisconsin. I had a lovely time during the rehearsal last night - my only jobs included purse handler and small-child watcher - my own small child. I enjoy observing my girls pick shells with such vigor, such newness, we even found Patrick of Spongebob(promptly murdered him and stuck him in a basket to take home to show the third grade class, egads. The fine sand on our feets is such a delight. As much as I balk at it when I am home "appreciating the seasons", I could live with full-time access to the beach, I know I could make this sacrifice.

My creation

Tomorrow we have the day earmarked for Sanibel where the real shell picking is. Then Monday we are onward to Disney. So far, our trip has provided time for some relaxing as well for a bit of knitting. I am nearing the end of my third clue in Kirsten's Mystery Sock KAL...

IMG_3355
Mama Blue Simple Sock in Bramble

18 Comments:

Blogger Olive Knitting said...

beautiful photos and socks!

12:24 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Glad y'all are having a wonderful time at the beach! It looks gorgeous there!

4:38 PM  
Blogger knittingma said...

Oh, your photos of the warm weather make me envious! And your socks are simply lovely. Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

The socks are lovely, and so is your shawl! What a perfect time to be at the beach! The pics of your kids are just darling!

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The warmth must sooooooo lovely!! Great photos, and niiiiice socks!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Beautiful photos! If there's any time of year that I actually enjoyed Florida, it was late fall...finally the heat & humidity was just right, and it hadn't yet become the dreaded "brown" season.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation, and congrats to your sister!

9:40 PM  
Blogger zeliaevora said...

i love the beach... we don't have many shells here:(
but anyway, it's very calming i just love to sit down near the ocean and knit:)
lovely photos!

3:45 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I see you opted for the cable version of the socks, I am way too lazy for that, but now I see yours I am jealous! Hope you continue to have a great vacay...

6:47 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Looks like you are having a fabulous time!!


Those socks look fabulous!!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

wow, those socks look very difficult, but they sure a pretty!!
Suzanne

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks look amazing. I love the color! I hope you have fun on your vacation. It's so cold all of a sudden. It's like a shock to the system.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Congrats to your sil, hope all went well.
Love the photo of your socks on the rocks:)

10:10 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

Sounds like you're having a great time! Hope the wedding went without a hitch!

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those photos are wonderful! So is your sock! I got through the charted portion and finished the heel only to realize that I forgot to do the second part of the chart (rep 1-26 again. argh!)

5:20 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Great photos - Wish I was there too!

and WooooWeeeeee those socks look awesome!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Gorgeous socks! I'm jealous. I've always wanted to go shell hunting at Sanibel. Hope you are all having a wonderful time!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

What beautiful photos...I feel like I'm there at the beach! And what a pretty backdrop for your awesome socks!

1:27 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

ahhh. have a lovely time.
your photos make me want to go to the beach.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home