Peaknit

Thursday, January 01, 2009

knits of 2008

knitting 2008

I've seen so many cool mosaics of people's "year in knitting" - I had to go back and remind myself what I have accomplished. Wow, 28 FO - not including 3 single socks, or other little half knits. I'm pleased - what will my goal for 2009 be?

Looking back, 2008 has been a year of firsts. I purchased my first wheel after many bits of sage advice from Bockstark, I took a class, I even spun 4-5 skeins - for now it is quiet. I haven't made the time to spin. Somehow I have compiled a helluva fiber stash though...I'll get back to it, promise

I have knit two sweaters - though, for the record one was in pieces and just needed seaming - but I have two sweaters that I might even wear.

I tried some stranding this year. The endpaper mitts were a perfect project, and the Selbu - though we had a rough go at times, I ended up loving her.

It was interesting to page back through my projects, each unlocks a little memory. I knit on my February Sweater in the hospital when my grandma had surgery. I worked on the Embossed Leaves while watching Paper Moon, I was also mad at my husband for something - but thankfully, that I have forgotten. I finished the red Evangeline's while home with an epic case of the flu.I knit the Mystery Socks while I vacationed in Florida, something familiar during such a crazy busy week. I knit the endpapers during a marathon of TrueBlood on a day off of work.

I am ready for 2009. I am Toast(ing) in the new year of knitting with my new Toast mitts - Here's to you blogging friends.

toast

23 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

What a beautiful mosaic filled with lovely knits! Really great projects.
Wishing you a soectacular 2009!
Happy knitting. :)

8:47 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Love the mosaic and all the beautiful shades of blue-green! Let's hear it for the New Year and plenty o' knitting.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful mosaic!

That's one of the things I love most about knitting, remembering what I was doing when I was working on a specific project.

9:21 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

What a way to toast in the new year (those are gorgeous!!! Happy New Year!

You had quite a beautiful year of knitting!! Here's to a fabulous 2009!

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a lovely display of work. I have to laugh because yours is so colorful. When I did mine, it looked like a gray blob! Happy New Year!

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy new year!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Nice knits there! Happy New Year! Love the Toasts too!

10:59 PM  
Blogger ulli said...

you did some serious knitting! i will have fun seeing what 2009 will bring.
happy new year to you!

12:01 AM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

happy new year! you have an AMAZING mozaic of FO's!

3:52 AM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

So pretty! And i love how your colors kind of transitioned during the year :)

6:09 AM  
Blogger zeliaevora said...

I love your knitting:)

6:57 AM  
Blogger kari's corner said...

28 projects - what a variety in patterns,color, and style. What will you do next?:)

4:39 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Beautiful mosaic! Isn't it wonderful to look back over your accomplishments? And having such beautiful ones doesn't hurt, either... ;)

10:10 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

All so impressive!! Love your first project of the new year,too!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

2008 was a great knitting year for you! Happy New Year, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you knit in 2009!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Those are lovely knits....you've certainly been busy, with that, and accomplishing the 52 pair plunge, working, being a mom.....WOW! 2008 was good to you! I wish you cont success and enjoyment in 2009 (without the hospitalizations, and such). :)

5:29 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

That mosaic took my breath away, Stacey. And those Toasty mitts? Fantastic with your black coat.

You are the best. Thank you for sharing your work. You are amazing.

p.s. I would love to knit with you sometime. I have a gift certificate I need to use at Lakeside. Maybe we could meet there sometime in the future. Also, your Christmas card is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I threw the others out but I am saving your card. I didn't even get to cards this year:(

6:10 AM  
Blogger Morticcia said...

Isn't it funny, the memories we have associated with our knits? I really love that aspect of it.

You had a great year in knitting. I wish you all the best in 2009.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

I love your mosaic -- all the colors are gorgeous and blend together so nicely. Here's to a 2009 full of more colorful knits!

1:22 PM  
Blogger knitterbeader said...

What a beautiful mosaic. You've done well this year. I have a dumb question - How do you put together a mosaic on blogspot? I'd like to try one.

7:12 PM  
Blogger knitterbeader said...

Thanks for the info on the mosaic site!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Minerva Turkey said...

You did such amazing work in 2008. I can't wait to see what this year holds in store for you. :)

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are wonderful! Happy 2009 to you!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home