Peaknit

Saturday, March 07, 2009

:: quiet ::

Today, in spite of kicking off a week long journey of just me and the kiddos, I enjoyed some silence. It has been a peaceful day - for the most part. Only a little bit of yelling - something about my girls - sometimes I think they can only hear me if I am yelling - kind of like a dog whistle, but loud.

The rain fell steadily throughout the day - rain just gives me permission to keep my sweats on, flick on a lamp or two, burn a candle, clean the kitchen and read and spin. So that is what I did today. Not very exciting, but nice. (what I have not been doing is knitting...that can't be healthy...)

Which leads to what I read - I have drank the kool-aid:

apples4jam
Apples for Jam by Tessa Kiros

I wasn't able to locate Apples for Jam in person to help me decide if I needed it. I'm glad I took a leap of faith - this book is delightful. It could be the day tipping the scale a bit - it's a comfort food day - this book is filled with comfort food. Seriously, little half moon "cheese pies". And it is organized by color - in the kick-off month of Project Spectrum. My inner girl-self is drawn to pretty - this is it. I felt like Ms. Kiros was standing in my kitchen with her hand on her hip talking to me, that's just how the book reads. Sweet.

Then because I had some time to spend with Tivo, I spun some Hello Yarn - what a treat...and I watched a new-to-me TNT series Trust Me - because Erick McCormick and Tom Cavanaugh are kind of cute.

trustme_gallery_010_512x341

19 Comments:

Blogger sheepish one said...

"kind of cute"?!? stacey, understatement!!
apples for jam is one of my favorites. i need to pull it down and work it into to PS4, too. thanks for the reminder!
hope the week is an easy one on you.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

sounds like a blissful day to me...

10:42 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Hmmm, it was that kind of day wasn't it.

7:44 AM  
Blogger t does wool said...

mmm...those guys are more than cute! and I need toget that book!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

Angelika (Viennese chef) had Apples for Jam in her kitchen and I've been wanting a copy since I first saw it there. I keep resisting, but one of these days I'm just going to order up a copy.

10:51 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me!!! Love that cookbook!! Keep us posted on which recipes you try :)

12:55 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

One of my favorite books ever, I treasure it. So glad you took a chance.

Your spinning is fabulous!

Isn't this the grossest weather ever?

2:30 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I hope that everything goes well with you and the girls solo this week. I often think of single parents when I have mine alone for a time.
Those guys are kinda cute, arent' they? :)

3:15 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Funny, my husband has that same hearing problem :)

5:27 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Yes! Rain is the perfect excuse to cuddle up with spinning/knitting/reading/insert name of favorite indoor hobby.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Ella said...

How wonderful! I love those rainy days - I'm so looking forward to rain. Or snow. Or moisture of any sort, actually. Sounds like your day was pretty much perfect... except the yelling part... :D

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a wonderful day! I'm off to find a copy of that book!

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a wonderful day! I'm off to find a copy of that book!

P.S. I friended you on Shelfari. :)

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Tom Cavanaugh...did you ever watch "Ed"? And I think I'll check out the book next time I'm at B& N or Borders...

1:53 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

I agree with the "kind of cute"?!? hehe...

That book has been tempting me ever since my first sighting of it! It looks absolutely adorable and comfy delicious...

Happy knitting-
ali

5:28 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

My kind of day.
I'm going to check out that book!

3:21 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

I had to laugh at "kind of like a dog whistle, but loud!" HA!!

4:35 PM  
Blogger emily said...

I love apples for jam! such a good book :)

7:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love lazy days like that. Rainy is even better because you can't work outside and running errands is super annoying.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home