Peaknit

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Plucky, Plucky, Plucky

I went to the Madision Knitters Guild Knit In yesterday - they were sporting a fabulous vendor list as well as the Yarn Harlot! My husband has been traveling abroad for work for the past week, so I had to find someone to watch my kids because I absolutely had to get to the vendors, if nothing else. I had to meet The Plucky Knitter!

plucky at the madison knit in

I got there and went directly to her booth. I made sure to get there early and brought my life savings. Okay, not really - but I had saved up for this trip - giving myself all sorts of permissions to spend too much money - because seriously, when do you get an opportunity to shop at Sarah's shop?! And she teased there would be sweater quantities! I also had my knitting penpal, Christine's shopping list. I called her from behind the Plucky sign to verify that I had covered my bases too - I think I stuttered, I was so flustered with all of the Plucky fumes.

I was so excited to meet Sarah in person, she is as sweet and down to earth as she comes accross on her blog. She shared the story of her great-great grandmother making the beautiful dress on the dress form in her booth (I tried that sweater on even). I was so touched by her love for her family, I mean she had just met me and told me how wonderful her family is - gotta love that in a person. Her booth just glowed - her fun colorways are a delight - and to see it all...I wanted to throw all of the skeins on the floor and lay in them - ah. I was a little overwhelmed.

I ended up with 5 skeins of Early Light MCN Worsted and sent my non-knitting sister back for more later on...I'm that crazy lady, you know the one. I really want to make a Silver Belle - and if I am going to invest the time on all of those cables it seems worth it to me to invest the money in a yarn I will love to knit. My sister said she thought she would burst into flames among the throng of the crafty people, to say nothing about it being on the grounds of a Catholic Church, em *wink*.

I also scored several other skeins of MCN Worsted and checked off Christine's list. By 9:30 a.m. I felt like a rockstar getting all of that loot without f5-ing even once. Thank you, Sarah, for making the trip to Madison, and being as nice in person as you are in blogland! And for having the best shoes that I think I have ever seen!

crazy happy knitter

27 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Oh how I wish I could've joined you!!! I love Sarah and her Plucky goodness.
Thanks for sharing your experience ~ I'm enjoying your shopping experience via your blog. :)
Happy Plucky Knitting!

7:46 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

And look how happy Sarah looks!! I did think of you yesterday when I saw that you added the Early Light to your stash..... Plucky Heaven indeed!!!!!! All those gorgeous colors and sweater amounts without F5ing?!?!?! Good for you!!!

Happy Plucky Knitting!

9:10 PM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

What an awesome experience, and I loved the phone call. It totally spread the excitement!

6:44 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Um... YUM! So fun and she does look so lovely and warm. I love it when blog people come to life! And to get some nice yarn in the mix? All the better! Happy knitting indeed.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

(P)Lucky you! I'm so jealous -- I wanted to make it to the Madison Knittes' Guild, but my knitting circle had their annual weekend retreat in Michigan this weekend. The Early Light yarn looks gorgeous.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Oh how fun! I would have loved to have gone to that show. And too meet Sarah!

oooo, and the yarn!

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No picture of the shoes? Rose Red would demand one!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Oh, how fun! Your purchases look delish, and that dress is fabulous!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Ella said...

Uber yummy! Looks like you had such a great time - and came back with such great stuff! I can't wait to see what you knit up with it!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Wow, does that look fantastic. I heard Stephanie was wonderful, too. It's a good day for you. I just saw you on the Plucky Knitter's post! She caught you full on, not just peeking over yarn. You are cute as always. Have fun with your yarn.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

That must have been so awesome! Meeting her and those yarns up close and personal! :) Bet your f'5 finger was happy ;)

4:59 PM  
Blogger sharon said...

Her yarn is so amazing. Want it in sweater quantities also. Gorgeous.

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very fun! Gorgeous yarn you picked up!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Stacey - what a monumental treat it was for me to meet you and have a chance to chat for a bit. Thank you so much for taking the time to come visit. I know you were busy with an out-of-town hubby and your two little gals. Meeting you was like chocolate sprinkles on the entire weekend.

Hugs~
Sarah

9:08 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

And it was so fun to have Christine on the phone! We knitters are a fun bunch aren't we?

9:08 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Oh how wonderful Stacey! That is most definitely one of those wonderful moments in a knitters life! Gosh I would have been just as overwhelmed:D

She is so pretty -the plucky knitter and does indeed seem like a very sweet person.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Sorry I forgot to mention in all the excitement that the yarn is fantabulous! Bring on the Silver Bell:D

9:35 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

SO much fun!
looks like a lot of goodness that will keep you very busy.

9:40 PM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

mmmmmmm....so much yumminess!

4:55 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Looks like you had a great time! I'm jealous. I saw Stephanie briefly in the Sow's Ear parking lot, but didn't get to meet her!

What do you call an Irish guy who just sits in your back yard all day?

Paddy O'Furniture!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I have never seen a skein of The Plucky Knitter's yarn, but I have heard rave reviews! It seems hard to procure, to say the least! I'm always excited to be able to get enough yarn without any major trauma. Looks like you scored really well! :) ENJOY!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

You have such an exciting life! ;) Seriously though, how fun!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Droooool! That must have been a wonderful trip out. Good for you for picking up some souvenirs ;)

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what fun!!!! Lucky you. Thanks for sharing.

8:54 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

a great chance to gather some great goodies:)

8:51 PM  
Blogger knittingma said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so extremely jealous! Hope you had lots of fun, and I can't wait to see your Early Light sweater. :)

9:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cool! Her yarn is gorgeous. You lucky girl!

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home