Peaknit

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

scrap happy

Picture 185
Funky Carolina Scrap Club March Offering

It seems ravelers wishes are Funky Carolina's command...someone suggested she put together a scrap club together with some of her fabulous rovings. She occasionally has scrap sets in her etsy shop - well, now she has a club! And this was my first installment - what a fun little package of fiber scmibbles. I love it. New spots will be posted in April for May-June-July - FYI. The possibilities are endless, look what TreadletoMetal (rav name) did with some scraps she purchased here. How fun is that? For a coat of many colors perhaps.

On top of that fun, Amber of Life in Color, suggested maybe trying a scrappy swap - members send 4 or 8oz of fiber and $5 for return shipping. Then she will divide all of the rovings and send back 4 or 8oz of scraps. There is even a ravelry group - Swap for Scraps - come join us if you are interested. Check out her blog if you have a minute. She has the most clever ideas and the cutest baby ever.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

Ooooo! They are so beautiful! My package hasn't arrived yet. I'll be watching for the mailman tomorrow!

Thanks for the link to the scrappy swap.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

What a great idea ~ you're making me want to learn to spin something fierce!!!
I had no idea there were clubs like this. I can see a new addiction coming on. :)

9:26 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I just got mine today! It makes me even more excited for the swap! Thanks for the blog (and baby) love. I find you quite clever too... and I wish you lived nearer!

11:01 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Such pretty colors! Can't wait to see them spun up!

11:56 PM  
Blogger wiscjennyann said...

Oh man, DROOL! I am sooooo missing my FC while I'm away. Can't wait for the next round of sign ups!

5:53 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

OMG... that is going to be beautiful. The possibilities are endless.:)

p.s. Do you know of any classes in the greater Madison area for beginning(very beginning) spinners? I'm just not getting the drafting part? OR is it practice, practice, practice?

6:32 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

How fun! Look at all those cute little scraps! I can't wait to see what you make with them.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

What fun! They are so cute and colorful. Makes me get the spinning bug again. It'll have to wait. I brought a bunch of jurassic sized pine needles back from Florida to make into baskets first!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's awesome. I recently heard about a mini-skein club too. Love the little bits.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home