Peaknit

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ishbel Insanity

ishbel_mosaic

Ishbel by Ysolda Teague
Yarntini Fingering :: "The Crotch on Those Pants is Insane" inspired by Michael Kors on Project Runway.

What a quick, instant gratification-y project. It's a little teeny but it was fun, and possibly a warm-up for a larger one in sport-weight? An addictive little shawl-ette that is spreading like wild-fire over at Ravelry. The yarn was great to knit, the name got me. I got into Yarntini's new semi-solid club, bring it on:)

I hope everyone had a nice Easter! This fiber by Funky Carolina called "Duck Feet" just makes me think spring:

yarn 001

Now if we can just get some spring weather to match. Have a good week!

(And because I think my cat is the cutest guy ever and I am having fun experimenting with a new lens...a token pet shot::)

ernest
ETA: would you even guess this spry guy is 15 years old? The best cat ever.

21 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Love your Ishbel! I haven't quite figured out HOW to wear mine yet -- it's a little big for a scarf and small for a shawl.

What a cute fluffy kitty.

8:57 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Such a gorgeous color for your Ishbel! So pretty!!

Happy Easter! Happy Spring with that fiber too!

10:18 PM  
Blogger ulli said...

your shawl looks lovely, and so does your kitten!

10:45 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

lovely Ishbel...she is on my ever growing list...Happy Easter!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

What a beautiful shawlette! I'd like to try this pattern. Having never really knit lace, it seems as though this might be a good first project? What do you think?

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty pretty!

11:19 AM  
Blogger YarnSnob said...

I love your Ishbel, it's on my list and I love your cute cute Kitty...I want him.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

LOVE your Ishbel! I just made one of those and couldn't believe how quickly it went. Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Lovely Ishbel!!
Happy Easter. :)

5:36 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

Lovely Ishbel. And such a pretty kitty! Hope your Easter was great.

5:53 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I've been wearing mine all week. Yours is lovely!

6:21 PM  
Anonymous tiennie said...

Your Ishbel is gorgeous!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Ishbel is everywhere! And now I think I need to make one too...

9:18 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

gorgeous scarf!!!! and precious kitty!d

11:11 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Oooh Ishbel is pretty! Love the name of that yarn too!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Victoria said...

I love Ishbel. The name of that yarn is hysterical.

Can't wait to see how that fiber spins up.

10:19 AM  
Blogger bockstark.knits said...

Ishbel is just gorgeous! How do you have the time to do all this??!!

5:48 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

just bought the whimsical little knits book, can't wait to get started on some Ysolda genius.

love your Ishbel so much, gorgeous!

hope you are enjoying the warm(ish) weather.

8:53 PM  
Blogger bobbi said...

one can never have too many photos of a cat!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Ishbell is gorgeous!

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Angela said...

Love your Ishbel. I know what you mean about it being addictive...I made one in just a little over 48 hours. Now want to make the larger one too. So easy, and fun.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home