Peaknit

Friday, April 03, 2009

Funky Hat Swap

The Funky Carolina group over at Ravelry had a Funky Handspun Hat Swap and I joined up, because my spinning is starting to get worthy of sharing - and any reason to knit with it is a good thing. My partner is so kind and a master spinner - see her etsy shop here, so she gave me lots of good advice. I made Through The Loops! One Day Beret for my partner, Sheknitigans. A disclaimer - it did not take me one day - haha! I knit and then pulled part back because it wasn't slouchy enough - I think it was pretty close to what I wanted when I did cast off. Here is my daughter trying her best to look french, studiously clutching her book, imagining accordian music in the background...

one day beret
Funky Carolina BFL Really and a little Madtosh Worsted in Allysum

Sheknitigans received it Wednesday, so it is safe to reveal. And now my daughter has put in her beret order. I'm so flattered when she loves my stuff, I just can't keep up with her wishes.

And this is the gorgeous Thorpe Coley created for me:

Picture 264

This is also Funky BFL but, can I tell you it feels like silk. The drape is fabulous. Thank you Coley, it is gorgeous and a perfect fit! I may, however have to hide it from my daughter. And as luck would have it (luck...ha) we are expecting a snow storm this weekend - so I might have an opportunity to don it before Spring gets here. At least there is a silver lining to a finally snow blast...

11 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Wow, two Through The Loops hats! Your daughter looks so cute in that beret, she really does need to have one of her own :)

8:48 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Your spinning is "starting" to get worthy of sharing?! Pfft. It's WAY worthy, lady! The beret is awesome - your swap partner is a lucky gal! Love your new Thorpe, too!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Jamisyn said...

I agree with Hilary....you're spinning is gorgeous! So worth sharing!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Your spinning is amazing, you are way too modest!
What great hats. Can I place an order too??? Ok, I'll knit one for myself, lol. Doesn't it feel great though when our daughters actually want to have and wear out knit things?? :)

8:20 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I think your blog alone might be responsible for my new hand spun addiction!! Both hats are beyond cute.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love the beret, cute model! I too can never finish those things in a day, a weekend, 2 hrs LOL! Lucky you with the Thorpe too!

7:13 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

Oh, my gosh, what a beauty she is! Oh, and the beret too! She definitely needs to have one for herself.

9:55 AM  
Blogger t does wool said...

very cool hats...love them both!

12:46 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Lovely hats! I agree with Hilary, you spinning is WAY worthy! Rock on!

4:53 AM  
Anonymous tiennie said...

Those are such great hats! What pretty colorways!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

Cuuute Hats!

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home