Peaknit

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Devil in a Blue Dress

yarn 527
Popover dress by oliver + s

It is my little one's 4th birthday today. To celebrate her day and my renewed interest in sewing, I made her a little dress. It is the Popover from Sew Hip - Issue #5. It is a design by oliver + s and it took me a little more than hour - not including cutting and prepping - to finish. How silly easy is that? She looks so darned cute - especially when the little leggings underneath show - those are store-bought of course. And lookie here - this blogger figured out how you can make it reversible. I'll be making more, for sure.

And, I finished the binding on my Old Red Barn Co. Quilt Along quilt today - it's done. And notice the binding on my quilt matches the trim on her dress - maximum benefit (the body of the dress matches the back of my quilt, too!).

My quilt is merely waiting for washing and drying - to add the "crinkles" a handmade quilt needs to be official. I am a little nervous about this step - but I am excited to snuggle under my quilt - and start another.

yarn 484
Heather Bailey fabrics - Pop Garden with a dash of Bijoux

I am so glad my addictions are spread around - between sewing, knitting, reading and candy - I'm well-rounded, right? phssst. Have great week!

17 Comments:

Blogger yarntini said...

Your birthday girl is super cute!! It looks like you had an awesome weekend!

Congratulations on the gorgeous quilt. You should be so proud of yourself!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Caffeine Girl said...

Four is such a great age. You're in for a very fun year.

Thanks for the detail shot of the quilt. It is really stunning.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Oh my goodness what an adorable dress. She's so cute in it!

"...and candy - I'm well-rounded, right?" In my case, it's means more well-rounded than I'd like, especially in the behind, lol. :)

8:19 AM  
Blogger t does wool said...

sweet birthday girl!! lovely dress...beautiful quilt!!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Such a cute little dress on a super cute kid! The quilt's just gorgeous.

8:49 AM  
Blogger ulli said...

happy birthday to your little one! the dress looks so adorable on her.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

That dress is so cute on her! Your quilt looks great too-- can't wait to see it finished.

1:14 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

OMG!! I could just eat her up...she's too tooo cute! And you can tell she loves her new dress! So perfect!

Wow...look at you go with the sewing! The quilt is amazing too! Maybe this summer I'll actually dip into my fabric stash and sew something!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Both of these are so great! I love that little dress. I have an Oliver pattern to try right now, and you're making me want to cut it out tonight!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Such talent! :) That's a cute little dress, and the model is even cuter!
And your quilt is fabulous! Enjoy!

5:22 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Ow wow, completely adorbs:)

7:07 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Little angel I'd say. The dress is adorable, but not as much as the model :)
Your quilt is also very beautiful.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

How CUTE is your little girl in her new dress!? And she looks so thrilled!

10:13 AM  
Blogger bobbi said...

great quilt

6:22 PM  
Blogger Amanda Jean said...

i love love love your quilt!!! and your daughter's dress is so fantastic, too. nice work!!!

10:12 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

in awe......

7:58 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Great job! What a cutie!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home