Peaknit

Sunday, May 31, 2009

The week in closing...

favorite_planter

A week of landscaping and yardwork with my husband and I have lived to tell about it. We had my parents and sister and husband over to celebrate last night - mojitos were enjoyed, and Apples to Apples played - it has been a great week. I have treated myself to a nice amount of non-dirt related things, I'd say it has been a perfectly balanced stay-cation.

I was able to meet Ysolda yesterday at The Knitting Tree. My knitting penpal, Christine had seen her in Mass. last week, so I was curious. I met her briefly, to get a quick autograph and collect my Whimsical Knits book. The book is stinking charming, that's all I can say.

yarn 253

(excuse the digression) As I picked my way back to my car, I saw the sweetest exchange. A woman was driving away, yelling "I love you", while two little boys ran along the sidewalk. I saw mom and dad - I inquired "That's got to be Grandma, right?". Affirmative. All grandmas should be worth of such a sendoff. It was a warm fuzzy for me and made my trip a little sweeter. I just think grandmas should be special, though some are not. I was lucky enough to get one of each kind, lucky enough to get at least one super special g-ma. At 87, she still reads books I send over. She inspired my reading and my fiber loving, I am sure of it.

I have joined a quiltalong with Old Red Barn Quilts. I have been jonesing a little to sew - I miss my machine. I have been squirreling away fabrics and I think this project will be a perfect foray be back to sewing. And this fabric is just juicy, it's Heather Bailey Pop Garden...I got a late start but I am nearly up to speed - so join in, if you care to, if you haven't.

this one?

I am also mid-sock, more car rides. It's the Cotty pattern by the charming Carrie over at We Do not Have a Knitting Problem. I love it from the tips of the picot to the toe - and it's quick in sport weight! Well, it's quick when you do not lose a needle, and since I have...

cotty
Yarntini Last Call Sport Weight

13 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Sounds like a great stay-cation! You're so lucky to have met Ysolda at the Knitting Tree -- I was tempted to drive up to Madison for the event, but there was just too much to do around here.

Love the fabric! Can't wait to see how the quilt shapes up.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Ooh pretty sock. How fun to meet Ysolda, she's such a talented soul.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Caffeine Girl said...

If you saw my "lawn" (I'm not sure I can even call it that), you'd realize why I'm so impressed by your week. And by the socks. That hand-dyed yarn is luscious!

9:28 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Looks like you had a fabulous week! And how fun to meet Ysolda...I bought her book too! It is too cute! Just love it!

Yay for the Cotty sock! I love how quickly sport weight knits up! And that yarntini green is just gorgeous!!

1:39 AM  
Blogger mle said...

Oooooo! Heather Bailey Pop Garden *drool*! now I really can't wait to see your quilt!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Ella said...

You know what? Yardwork sometimes makes the best time off. Especially when you accomplish something you love and can enjoy for months and years to come. :D

Can't wait to see the quilt!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Victoria said...

That is going to be a gorgeous quilt! Can't wait to see it. Love the fabrics.

Wasn't Ysolda a sweetie? I love her knits.

Glad you had a good "stay-cation."

3:39 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

You met Ysolda -- cool! And your story about the grandma made me tear up a little. :)

9:49 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

I missed you. I didn't get in there until almost 3:00 and I was glad I went.

Her book is charming.

Grandmas are the best, I agree.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Definately looks and sounds like a good staycation! :) Loving the sock, isn't the pattern great!

5:34 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

Oh, what a sweet story! Your week sounds just perfect, and I love the green sock!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

You'll have to let me know about the Cotty pattern. I love it, and I love to knit with sport wt yarn, especially Yarntini. I really concerned about the yardage with sport wt. But it's my favorite to knit with most of the time!
Pretty flower pot!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

Spring is just making everyone crazy busy, huh! Everything looks so great -- and I think I just bought the plant with the dark leaves in the middle of your pretty urn...

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home