Peaknit

Sunday, June 21, 2009

whooped

That's how I feel. Wow, the weekend has been busy, fun and full. The good news is - I have finished quilting my Old Red Barn Co. QAL quilt - whew. I admit, I was getting tired of dragging the weight of it around my machine and sweating under it in the process...I sewed the binding on tonight, now just have to hand sew the binding to the back and it will be done - well, except washing - which seems risky after all of this.

yarn 479
voila - the front

yarn 476
and the back - pieced with leftover bits

I am so happy with how quickly this has come together - by the end of the week, my girls should be snuggling under it.

I have already started another much smaller quilt for a special someone I have yet to meet, and have a great fabric pile for a mixed tape quilt for my daughter. I am so excited how this this QAL has stoked my sewing inspiration - I feel like I'm on a roll.

I promise I am still knitting. I attended knit group this week at a new location and am plodding along on my Mara wrap. By winter, maybe? One of the group members has asked me to test knit a shawl as well, I'm excited for that.

I have also read some books worth recommending, and some not. I enjoyed these quick and dirty summer reads: Tomato Girl by Jayne Pupek and Riding With The Queen by Jennie Shortridge. They both had alluring covers - what draws you to a book? I am also listening to Elizabeth Berg's The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted. It is an audio compilation of short stories. She is my most favorite author, but the stories are a bit hit or miss for me - but I think that is kind of how short stories go.

And, when I am not doing selfish things, I swear, I have been parenting. You wonder, though, don't you? :) Being a little manic pays off for getting stuff done - or at least dabbling in a lot of things. We went mini-golfing, saw UP (two big thumbs up! no pun intended), went to the zoo and swam this week. Hence the title of this post. People, I am.

yarn 327
one of the two reasons why I am whooped...

20 Comments:

Blogger ulli said...

the quilt is gorgeous! you must be so pleased. i can't wait to see you next project. well done

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a glorious quilt! You're talents are amazing. ;)

10:29 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Just gorgeous!! Love love love the quilt!!

12:31 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Beautiful quilt! I'd guess you are whooped. I feel the same way this morning, trying to get ready for work....it was a full weekend, but a good one!

5:05 AM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

Lots of gorgeousness in this post - your daughter and the quilt!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Ella said...

It's beautiful! Very nicely done - and from all that stitching, I say you deserve a nice day at the pool! :D

9:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful! You are one talented lady.Hope you can take one of these hot days off!Is your husband doing IM this year?

5:46 PM  
Blogger Trisha said...

Your quilt turned out gorgeous! You are cookin' along. I need to play catch up this week.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Oh Stacey it is beautiful! Wow - amazing how the quilting portion adds so much to the finished product. I can see all the little swirls fromt he qulting and its gorgeous!

You've got some talent man!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

What a beautiful quilt - and your quilting looks awesome!!

9:28 AM  
Blogger knittingma said...

What a lovely, lovely quilt.

You've been busy, for sure. But I don't think anyone is doubting your parenting! I'm sure your girls see you crafting and they'll grow up to appreciate hand-made things... perhaps, they'll even ask you to teach them to knit/quilt someday. :)

12:38 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

That quilt is so gorgeous. I can't believe how quickly you finished it! So beautiful.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Fabulous quilting!! That's the hardest part I think when we quilt the top ourselves! So pretty too!

4:17 PM  
Anonymous tiennie said...

This is amazing!! Beautiful!

10:44 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

oh WOW!!!! it turned out BEAUTIFULLY!!
nice going with all your roles!!! :)

6:45 AM  
Blogger mle said...

The quilt is so gorgeous, those colors are so fun! don't worry about the washing, it will come out great! I LOVE how a good washing makes a new quilt feel. so soft.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Knitterella said...

That quilt is GORGEOUS!!!

5:54 AM  
Blogger liz @ longview builders said...

Wow! I really love it,I think it is my favorite I have seen in the qal! The blue solid you used really ties it all together. Good job and I am jealous you are done!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Wow- that is just stunning!

10:04 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

oh...that quilt is desirable....and gorgeous!!!

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home