Peaknit

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Mixed Media

qal_blocks
Heather Bailey Pop Garden and Bijoux

I have finished the third week of the Old Red Barn Co. QAL. I have my blocks ready to piece together for a quilt top. I'm a little giddy. I haven't quilted anything, not really, for years. I sewed long before I knit. I had kids, knitting is portable. I'll still knit - but man, it has been fun to stalk for fabric, and to keep up with the QAL. It's been fun to mix it up.

I have finished my first Cotty sock - using Yarntini in a "Last Call" colorway. I love the solid parts of the back of the foot - I am really drawn that stockinette nestled between some pattern. The pattern is quick and wonderful. Sport weight makes me feel like I am cheating, and I still get a sock.

cotty_one

My husband and I went to see The Moth last night at Turner Hall Ballroom in Milwaukee. It was nice to have an evening away from the kidlets, and to be entertained by my favorite podcast entourage. Andy Borowitz was particularly funny. Turner Hall was fabulous - eclectic, rustic, bohemian - love. I can't wait to come up with an excuse to go back. If this troupe comes near you, I recommend it. It's like sitting around with a couple hundred of your closest friends to share a story.

13 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Can't wait to see how your quilt comes together! I've been getting back into quilting recently, too :)

9:47 PM  
Blogger ulli said...

what happy colors! for both the quilt and the socks.

11:17 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Totally feels like cheating, huh? But that is one pretty sock you have! Can't wait to see the quilt too!

1:32 AM  
Blogger Ella said...

You know, I've been stalking for fabric as well. Such pretty prints right now! I love the prints you have there - and excited to see your quilt!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Love love love it all! Very wonderful colors, all of it.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Ooooh....what gorgeous colors on your blog today!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Love all your new projects--that Cotty Sock is one gorgeous shade of turquoise! I love Turquoise:)

11:40 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Oooh, the quilt squares looks gorgeous! Such vibrant colors. The Cotty socks are knitting up quite nicely, and sportweight socks are fabulous.

BTW, I was kind of near your neck of the woods for a wedding on Sat. -- L. Okauchee. Good ol' Golden Mast...

2:47 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Thanks for the info on the Cotty socks - will have to download that pattern. I just finished a pair of Duckies in "Gimlet," which is very similar to this colorway!
Can't wait to see the quilt. You're a woman of many talents! :)

3:20 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

love the fabric for the quilt and those socks...very pretty indeed!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Trisha said...

I am trying to catch up on the quilt along right now. I am just about done with my blocks and then need to sew them together. This has been fun, huh?

Your sock is lovely. I love how the stockinette stitch goes up the back of the leg. I love when sock patterns do that.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Pretty fabric - it's going to be darling. And the socks are adorable too!

8:17 AM  
Anonymous tiennie said...

Pretty socks and blocks!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home