Peaknit

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

putting myself in time-out

I have decided to take a little bloggy break. I feel kind of sad but resolved that it seems I have nothing to say. First of all, I would have never though I would have nothing to say, but here I am. I am continuing to read every day, knit occasionally, spin here and there and sew when time permits. I will forever be a crafter - but I am not finding anything compelling to share. I have been connecting with a flickr quilt-a-long group for little fixes and I will always be reading blogs to enjoy others' creativity.

For now, I'm finding that this summer is busy and I have to confess - I have been having fun doing goofy things like jumping on the trampoline with my girls. Even though, after two babies, it means peeing my pants a little 9 times out of 10. But that will remain our secret, right? Thanks *grin*

Just before I sit in the naughty chair for a bit - I have to tell you I won a little contest at the flickr group and have been getting fat quarters showered on me...

fat_quarter_haul
I am pretty excited about this sweet little haul. And look what one generous sender gave me:

condiment_holder2

an adorable condiment holder...just because. I feel pretty special when nice things like that happen. It reminds me to pay it forward when I can. So when I am "re-filled" with stuff to say, I'll be back to share. Til then - thanks for hanging out with me.

13 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Enjoy your craftiness and girls. I'll miss visiting with you on your blog, but totally understand the break ~ I just came off of a blog break myself.
oooh, nice fat quarters, those will be so nice to sew with.
Be well and be happy! :)

9:53 PM  
Blogger Auntly H said...

I'm going to miss you. Have fun crafting and refilling yourself.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I'll miss your posts, but you gotta do what you gotta do! Crafting and family time come first, in my mind, too. :)

10:53 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I'm sorry you're taking a break, but I totally get it. I'm a little unfocused this summer, too.

But, I love the condiment package! That is so clever! People are just brilliant, aren't they?

Come back soon...but no pressure :)

11:36 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Well, I for one will miss you, but I completely understand. Have fun with your crafty endeavors and hanging out with your family this summer!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Olive Knitting said...

I can totally understand the need for a blog break. Have fun on the trampoline and I look forward to reading you again in the future!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Caffeine Girl said...

I will also miss your posts. But it's true that sometimes you just don't need to write. Enjoy your family and don't be a stranger.

8:04 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

enjoy your break...and what a sweeeeet contest...lucky you!!!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I think we must be connected somehow, because this is how I feel too! I refuse to turn down time with my family or crafts for any internet escapades. Isn't the love of family and craft what started this blog posting (for me) anyway?
Good for you, and enjoy and enjoy!
PS - we all have that nasty secret sometimes when we are truly having fun!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

Have a good break, Stacey. I will miss you, too. Your blog is the reason I started my blog and I have checked in and enjoyed your writing and crafting ever since....

6:53 AM  
Blogger Marisol said...

I will miss you as well... Take all the time you need. Replenish and enjoy spending quality time with you beautful girls and family:)

8:30 PM  
Anonymous tiennie said...

Enjoy your break! But don't forget to come back!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Amanda Jean said...

enjoy your blog break. they are good things. :)

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home