Peaknit

Sunday, July 12, 2009

And what kind of day did you have?

Let me tell you...I have my 20-year class reunion coming up in a couple of weeks and after polling my friends and family - it was decided I should invest in getting my hair colored and highlighted. I wanted some more pizazz, a little more chunky highlight - a declaration of "I'm YOUNG!" to my former classmates. My exact words to my stylist (who, I am here to tell you, shared that she has not had a class reunion yet...) were "not as subtle as usual but not too funky". Um, I came out looking like this...

zebra-picture

Wow. I thought I was going to throw up on my gown. I didn't say anything - well, more like I couldn't. My stylist, thankfully, said "wow, these are brighter than you wanted, huh?" I was glad she noticed this on her own (after an excruciatingly long blow dry and cut) - though the blood draining out of my face may have given me away. She was able to work it out but it was a scary hour...I read a book while I waited to see the new results, but I don't think I comprehended a word. I left relieved. That is not typically the feeling I am looking for as I am striding out of the salon, but I'll take it.

I'm pretty sure I will need to get a new hairstylist, or go into therapy for PTSD after each visit.

I have quilting and spinning to report but I must rest after my tumultuous day at the salon.

18 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Eep! I'm gald that it worked out OK in the end. It's never fun to be stressed out about your hair before a big event.

9:58 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Oh no!!! I'm so glad it worked out in the end at least! Just make sure to get a pretty new outfit for your fabulous self too!!

12:20 AM  
Blogger Trisha said...

Scary!! I am glad it all worked out in the end and I hope you feel gorgeous at your reunion!

2:23 AM  
Blogger YarnSnob said...

eeekkk did you really look like that??? Its always nerve racking when you go for something different for an event, glad it turned out ok though.

3:38 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

that's the worst! have fun at your reunion.

i love your quilt soooooo much and now i am onto pink chalk studio. not good:)

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Caffeinegirl said...

LOL!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Yikes! Sounds like it turned out all right, though. Have fun at the reunion!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Oh NO! That is the worst! I'm so glad to hear she fixed it, though.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Yikes! Glad it could be fixed! Have a great time though!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Ella said...

You turned into a zebra? That's one hell of a stylist! J/K. Glad it worked out - have fun at your reunion!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

:Oh my god, I am so sorry, but seriously that is so funny. Nice picture :)

1:37 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Been there, done that. Tried not to cry. Another '89'r huh? My class reunion is in a couple of weeks, but I'll be in DC for that night. Other classmates are having an informal gathering the weekend before the actual reunion. I like my hubby's class reunion better....

9:53 AM  
Blogger knitmom-wi said...

Glad it turned out ok...was hoping to see you at knitting, but I didn't make it. Have fun at your reunion.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

I've actually given up on the salon and started cutting my own hair! (scary at first - but I actually preferred the end result to the past three haircuts I've had)

10:56 AM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

lol -- glad it worked out! It took me a day or so & many compliments before I was sure about my own hair cut...and a color? That would be way too stressful, lol

4:10 PM  
Blogger ulli said...

oh no! you poor thing, i feel with you. it is such a gamble trying out new hairstyles or colors. i am glad it worked out at the end :)

6:24 PM  
Blogger Amanda Jean said...

you are so funny. sorry that you had to go through that, though. ugh.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Eeeek! Glad to hear it worked out. Lets see the new doo:)

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home