Peaknit

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

are you there God, it's me peaknit...

The title means nothing specifically...but good grief, I have been an apathetic, lazy blogger. I miss it. I'm crafting but I feel like such a "cheater" in that I have been mostly quilting - I mean, this started as a knitting blog right? Oops. I hope my blogland friends will stick with me through this sewing jag. And maybe I'll make some new ones, who sew? I love "crafting diversity". But I know, if blogs stray too far off my interests, I stop going by - I hope y'all will stick with me and maybe even sew with me too.

yarn 665
I spy a robot - isn't he a charmer? The back of my sister's baby's quilt. The little fellow is cooking up nicely, the baby and the quilt, of course.

Today starts the Zig Zag QAL at flickr - it's a tutorial quilt-along, so nice to have guidance and support - and new friends, and pictures and stuff.

I also joined this little Christmas Scrap Block swap - a fun way to get a bunch of different squares for something a little holiday, a little kitschy, I'm picturing a cool table covering. The blocks are from this tutorial - relatively easy peasy, I swear. And a fun swap brings more blogland friends. I just love you people, you have no idea how I look forward to your comments and following along with many of your blog spaces. I attribute most of my craft-spiration to blogs - blogland is such a smorgasboard of imagination. Am I being too mushy?

Okay, the closest thing to knitting to come along in the last week is more spinning for Tour De Fleece...Hello Yarn Shetland - Hello luscious.

yarn 654

13 Comments:

Blogger ulli said...

this is the cutest quilt i ever saw! oh, i so want one..

10:41 PM  
Blogger RunwithSticks said...

Love that fabric! Would you mind letting me know what it is? :) cdrysda@hotmail.com

Thanks!

11:07 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Of course we'll stick with you! Heck, I'm hoping if you keep inundating me with cute sewing projects I will actually use my machine and fabric!

love love love the robot!!

2:03 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh, the robots are TOO CUTE! Thanks for joining the Christmas block swap!

7:05 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

I love your quilting and your book reviews and your spinning and your cooking/baking and your...everything! All of that makes everything about your blog even better and more interesting if that's even possible.

Love it all!

Keep it up!

You inspire.
susie

8:06 AM  
Blogger adventure knitter said...

where did you find that adorable robot fabric???

8:32 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

I for one love all the colorful quiltiness! I'm stickin with this blog for sure!

9:05 AM  
Blogger knitmom-wi said...

Love the robot quilt. Maybe I can pick-up some sewing pointers along the way. I have a machine, but...well, it is in a closet. Not even sure which closet.

4:32 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Hey you're doing a lot better with your blogging than I am! The quilt is sooo adorable!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I think you have to do what inspires you, and if that's not (as much) knitting right now, it's fine with me. I love seeing other kinds of projects on blogs I read! The quilt is really cute :)

11:41 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

I'm a sewer too so I love the crafty diversity you post about.
You're just multi-talented and generous enough to share that with us. Thanks!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

First of all...the title of your posts reminds me of grade school and Judy Blume!
I think most people do more than one craft...I may be wrong about that though...
I was digging through my cross stitch stuff last week.......:)

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the little robots. so much so that i've been searching high and low for robot/rocket themed baby bedding! joe thinks i'm crazy. he doesn't understand why a baby room needs a theme. can you believe that? what planet is he on!!! i love the baby quilt and feel so lucky to have such a beautiful hand-made gift from you. those are the best kinds of presents in my eyes! love you... kasey

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home