Peaknit

Sunday, July 26, 2009

success!

This weekend was my 20th class reunion. My husband and I - who graduated together - closed the bar down two nights in a row. I don't know that I have ever closed a bar (okay, maybe in college)- but two nights in a row?! We had such a good time reconnecting - and seriously, where did 20 years go?

I saw my best bus friend (he signed this book for me), decided that two classmates tie for the kindest-people-I-know category, heard two jokes that made me laugh and one that made my throw up in my mouth a little, learned two much information about one classmate, did a bit of impromptu co-psychotherapy with an old flame, and was told I have not changed a bit, in that I am still nice - shucks.

reunion1
Vicki and I - met in the third grade. Old friends have the best information, em. We appear to be hanging onto our purses for dear life.

A bit of trivia is that the bar/ family restaurant we are celebrating at is owned and run by a highschool mate's family - my husband and I "really" met there our senior year after the homecoming game - he asked me to marry him on the street outside 5 years later. The location has changed, but the sentiment is the same. aw.

pretty-faces
that's enough reminiscing for now...

And because this is a crafting-of-sorts kind of blog I have done some crafting - mostly cutting, preparing for the next Quilt-A-Long - a zig-a-long of sorts led by Amy of Park City Girl. I have my 88 9" squares of Mendocino by Heather Ross. Ready for the week #2 clue tomorrow.

zigzag_layout

9 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Frightening how quickly 20 years goes, isn't it?
Sounds like you and your husband had a wonderful time!

10:09 PM  
Anonymous joanne said...

Sounds like fun!

Hey, I'm squinting at these pics, trying to see the oh-no highlights that you mentioned earlier. I like the hair- you look great!

Happy quilting!

11:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love your fabrics! Glad you had a great weekend :)

12:39 AM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! Close down bars...LOVE IT!! Yes, my girlfriends I grew up with seem to have the best memories (of everything!)! Love the new quilt too!

1:57 AM  
Blogger Ella said...

High school sweethearts - AWESOME! I love that you closed down the bars too!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Omg, I love the Mendocino. I keep seeing it everywhere and I totally love it. Can that quilt be for me? ;)

Glad you have fun at your reunion!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Oh, I'm so glad you had such a good time! Your hair looks great, btw. :)

11:56 AM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

20 years for me too. I am not going to the "actual" reunion, but they had a "pre-reunion" this past weekend at a nearby cabin. I went to that so that people wouldn't think I was ditching them. Some people are still stick in high school in my area.
PS - your hair looks great, and the quilt is fab too!

5:14 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

You are cuter than ever at your 20 year reunion. My 25th was last summer but I didn't attend anything. You are braver than me:)

Loving your quilting more than you'll ever know. Keep it up.

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home