Peaknit

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Sunday Stash

At last, another finished project - okay, well technically 1/2 of a FO because it's one sock. The good news is that I started this sock last October - um, yes you read that right, so one down. It took me one year to finish this sock. I started it on the plane home from Florida last fall and my plan to to finish the second one in Florida this October. I have the second one cast on and ready for my trip. Timeline aside, I love this sock! It is Schrodingers Twisted Tweed pattern. I used Sundara in Mossy, shamelessly copying Emily Starr from Ravelry. Go look, I'll wait - her pictures are fabulous!

twisted_tweed

I also stumbled on a flickr group this weekend, I have been kind of stalking over there for munki munki prints. My wanderings have delivered me one inspiration sandwich after another. Since I have gotten back to quilting, I have found so many delightful things to look at, so many ideas. Anyways, the group is called Sunday Stash - kind of a "flash your stash" at the end of the week. It is more focused around fabrics, but I figured since I am a multiple stasher, I could flash it all. That sounds so dirty. Anyways, my yummy Sunday Stash ::

Sunday Stash #1
Yarntini SSS Club, Hello Yarn Fiber Club and Sushi Munki Munki

My mouth waters when I look at that Yarntini, it so tang-y.

Next up a bound and washed Mendocino quilt - I am "this" close to wrapping this sweetie up and moving onto the next quilt along.

8 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Lovely green sock!
Flash your stash??? I've got to check it out. :)

9:00 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Gorgeous sock!!

Love love love Sunday stash! All of it!

2:20 AM  
Blogger cbknits80 said...

I think I saw those socks in person!! Gorgeous!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

wow, glad i hopped on this morning. love, love, love!

7:26 AM  
Anonymous kim said...

Pretty sock. Why is it we knitters lose interest like that? I have a pair that is 65% done, and I can't make myself finish them. Oh well... Someday.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

I love the Hello Yarn fiber - I should check them out, although the last thing I need is more stash!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Cool sock! I think it's kind of neat that it's been with you all year, and around to different places. And is that sushi fabric?? AWESOME.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Staci said...

Thank you for the compliment on my wonky cabin block. I love the sock. I wish I could knit, but I know it would just end up with not only sewing projects but knitted ones laying around halfway done as well.

:)
~Staci

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home