Peaknit

Saturday, October 17, 2009

A happy reader! and a bit more KAL spoiler...

excited

I was so thrilled when the mail lady came today - hurray my new book. I read and loved Michelle Wildgen's first book You're Not You and yapped about it here. When I learned she was local to me - transplanted from somewhere - but she lives in Madison now, I was pretty stoked - because well, I am going to have to go to a book signing right? I also recently learned that she knows a highschool classmate of mine personally - through Facebook you can discover many things - some you even want to know - well, I felt like I had rubbed elbows with celebrity - because I am like that. Brad Pitt could walk in, meh, I would probably not freak out because he is just a guy - an incredibly cute one who acts well - but just a guy (I would likely think, "gosh, I thought he'd be taller"). But if I have an opportunity to observe a writer (or a knitter!) in person, hear their words from their owns mouths - wow, that is exciting for me. (I am missing the author of The Story of Edgar Sawtelle tomorrow - darned Sunday school - haha!) I don't conjure personal opinion about the writer in my head - they are the conduit to worlds they share - and that's something. Okay, I sound a little star struck. So anyways, I was saying - Wildgen's new book came to me today - I pre-ordered ages ago through Amazon and have been laying in wait for the box to show up.

I cannot start it until I finish The Girls From Ames by Jeffrey Zaslow - because I cracked that one last night and realized, I need to know these women. I'll keep you posted.

mystery_heel
Yarntini Honeytini

Here is another update on my Mystery Sock - egads, that heel is divine. I love it. And it is so fallish, I cannot wait to buy a sweater to match - hee!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sock is gorgeous!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

I'm going to have to check that author out. :)

Gogreous sock!!

3:20 PM  
Blogger mle said...

Oh that sock! that rich honey color! LOVE!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Jill L said...

love your mystery sock. i got the swine flu and so I lost a week somewhere

10:12 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

That sock is soooo gorgeous!! Love it! I haven't gotten to clue #3 yet!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Absolutely love your socks! I have yet to knit my Honeytini. I just cast on some of Jesse's lovely self -striping yesterday. Such a great yarn base, and of course, lovely color!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Caffeine Girl said...

That heel is exquisite. But buy a sweater? How about knit a sweater. That color would be fabulous in a sweater!

6:33 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

love the socks...and I'll look up the book!

4:51 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Your socks look gorgeous.

Thanks for the great book tips too - I just finished up some good ones and am on the look out for more. Gotta love (and support) local authors!

8:17 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

KAL sock is amazing, you're almost making me want to work on mine:)

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home