Peaknit

Saturday, September 26, 2009

the frenzy has begun...again...


New Moon Movie


I am ashamed to admit, I just planned to read Twilight and New Moon again, just, you know, to prepare myself, get back in the game a bit before the movie comes out. Good grief, that was about 3 days ago and I am going to finish Eclipse today. I am humbled by how much this teenage vamp story has slayed me. Humble enough to accept defeat and READ ON!

And yes, I admit, I took the day off to go to the premier on November 20, as did my mom and sister - it's going to be the second annual Twilight day off, always a good excuse to hang out with my favorite girls. It makes me laugh every time I figure my remaining vacation, "Florida, day after Thanksgiving, time at Christmas, Twilight..."

And in case you have missed it - Yarntini is opening her Eat Drink and be Merry sock club tomorrow at 10am EST - with choices to include self-striping, variegated and semi-solid - which all complement one another. I love that concept - striped socks with semi-solid heels and toes sound so fun! I believe the club spots will be found here tomorrow - see ya there.

10 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Sounds like a wonderful day off!

7:23 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

why be ashamed??you are funny...you enjoy every moment!!!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Trisha said...

I bought my ticket already and I'm going with a big group of friends. It will be fun!

7:18 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Trust me, you will not be alone in the Twilight fun! A few of us from our SnB are planning a movie day!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Hehe...you are in good company. My knitting gals and I bought matching Bella jackets (that blue one with the hood...we found them in a boutique near one gal's house) and are planning to wear them with matching Bella mittens to opening night (if we can get our act together and get tickets). Yay for New Moon!!!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Yeah! I joined the Yarntini club. Another indie dyer to adore.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Bobbie in AK said...

Hi,

Been reading your blog for a bit. Had to comment. My daughter is slightly obsessed with all of Twilight, I promised her we would see the midnight showing here in our town. I plan on reading the series again before New Moon comes out ... for the third time! She has read it twice and we kinda have a contest to see who can read the whole series the fastest. My first time, 10 days, second 8. My daughter - 9 days the first, and 7 the second. Don't know if I will beat that one. Counting down the days...

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait until the freaking Vampire Diaries sucks you in! It's coming...I promise. Can't wait 'til us 3 girls do our Annual Twilight Day on November 20th!!!
Much Love--Your Twi-Hard Sister in Crime, Kasey

7:34 PM  
Blogger sheepish one said...

i was talking about taking my daughter to the midnight showing, but then i thought again: won't there be so much fangirl squees that i won't be able to even hear the movie?!? we didn't see twilight in the theatres...

9:33 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Yeah, well I got "bitten" this summer under the premise that I would read them before my daughter did - you know for censure. Ha ha ha - I was a goner too! I just watched the Twilight movie the other day again. Can't wait to see New Moon either.

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home