Peaknit

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas is coming...

and I am accomplishing, like, nothing. ack! I have little knitting going on - I am halfway through my second mitten of my second try at the mitered mittens and um, ran out of handspun. Okay, really? Yes, really. So I am stalled out until Krista at Pigeonroof Studios can dye me some more Helleborus roving - and she has agreed - but could my timing be any worse??:) I may cast on another pair - I really want these damn mittens.

I got an awe-some gift this weekend from my in-laws - a hello yarn gift certificate - yay! So I can get more of this:

IMG_6386
HelloYarn November Club - Pallid - swoon-worthy

And I have to share - the nicest thing happened to me. I was having lunch at Flat Top last Friday with my husband celebrating some good news and a lovely woman stopped me and asked me if I was peaknit. I scanned my brain, am I peaknit? OMG, yes I am. I was "recognized" from my blog! That was the coolest thing, and I am so glad Kari from Kari's Corner introduced herself - it was pretty flattering. Thanks Kari, you totally made my day!

7 Comments:

Blogger Journeying Five said...

I love the yarn! That is positively gorgeous. Are you making thrummed mitts with it?

1:03 AM  
Blogger Caffeine Girl said...

I identify with you. I had to stop a scarf at 3/4 done because I ran out of custom-dyed yarn. I figure I'll wait until after the holidays to see if the dyer will do more. I can tell from her blog that she is super stressed right now!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

You made my day too! I enjoy your blog.

ps. I don't think I've ever been called "a lovely woman" :)thanks

9:16 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

That's so cool!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

You were recognized! That's awesome!! And what nice in-laws...that's a pretty sweet gift. :)

4:26 PM  
Blogger Cinnamonamon said...

wow, i've been on facebook too long -- i was looking for the "like" button to click, lol.

that is pretty cool! and i hope you get your roving super quick! lol

8:16 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I love Hello Yarn and her inspired color palette! What a great gift.

So neat to meet blog readers out in the real world. :-)

BTW, Flat Top in Madison now? I had no idea!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home