Peaknit

Sunday, November 22, 2009

a finished object and other random jumble

IMG_6140

I finished the binding, at last, on my Robot Coin quilt - for Jackson, my first nephew ever. I hosted a shower for my sister yesterday, the big reveal was so exciting for me. She had actually seen the quilt in progress, but for everyone to say so many nice things about it was truly "cheek pink-ening" for me - and I loved every minute.

What's next? I am still working on my Miller's Hat - the quilt binding (while watching the finale of Project Runway) took precedence this week, since I allowed myself to go under the wire, again. I have a queen sized quilt that I made about 8 years ago, and had professionally quilted - but have not finished the binding...can you believe that? All of those hours, and I didn't finish the last step? Well, since my quilt love has returned times 10 this year, very much because of the Old Red Barn Company QAL group - I think I may drag out that quilt to finish it up for our bed.

Santa baby, I want just one little thing...the nook . My husband kept asking me what I thought about it for Christmas - and man, I would love one - since this offers a "lending" option that the Kindle does not. (I am an avid Amazon shopper, so Kindle, you need to catch up) Friends with computers, ipods or nooks, can borrow your ebooks. I love to lend my books and spread the lit love, so this is kind of a big deal to me. Wouldn't you know, it's sold out until after Christmas - doh?! Of course, I have at least 20 books in my "on deck" circle, but can you ever have too many books? And another gadget? Since me and my ipod touch have become best friends this year, seems I have become a gadget girl - so Santa, add me to the list for the nook! Oooh, and that Kate Spade pink case - ooh lah lah.

p.s. I am home alone and should totally go running. But I. am. home. alone. What a treat!

twilight
speaking of treats....

9 Comments:

Blogger mle said...

That quilt is adorable! I just love the colors!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Love the quilt! It's so worth it to finish up the binding on the other quilt. Then again, I still need to sew buttons on a cabled cardi I finished months ago.

I'm totally with you on the Nook -- or even the Kindle. They seem so handy and just plain awesome!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Neat quilt!! I've got to make one of those, perfect for scraps! Now the Nook sounds even better.

9:29 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Gorgeous quilt!! And gorgeous movie poster...oops..did I say that outloud! Loved new moon for all its fluff!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

New Moon, YES!!! I saw it yesterday and loved it. Bare man-chests galore. :)

Beautiful quilt!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Trisha said...

Very cute quilt! So...what did you think of New Moon? I went with friends and it was so fun. I liked it better than than Twilight. I can't wait to see it again without all the screaming. :)

1:07 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

loving that quilt!!! and hoping Santa brings you everything and then some ;)

7:25 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

The quilt is wonderful!!
Hope you get everything you're wishing for this Christmas. :)

5:36 PM  
Blogger Amanda Jean said...

that quilt is a-dor-a-ble!!! the natural sashing is perfect for those bright colors.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home