The winner of my 500th post contest is Elise of Hoop Skirt. She is lilachica on Ravelry also. Congratulations - and thank you to everyone for your suggestions! I think I may go with the Tickled Pink socks suggested by my knitting penpal, Christine - in part because they are stinking cute, but also they are quicker in sport weight and would be darling in some Sundara Crushed Cherries. And the "xoxo" theme for my mom would be pretty charming. The jury will be officially out until I cast on - I'll keep you posted! Meanwhile, Elise - please get in touch with your address so I can send some yummy Joy of Sox, etc., out to you.
I have another fun little sharing project to tell you about. Jacqui at TallGrass Prairie Studio has started :: Joy in The New Year ::
It's all about getting unfinished objects done. I came up with a random number really - 7. Every finished project counts as an entry for prizes. Here's the the 7 I need, I mean, would like to finish before the new year:
1. Breathe Deep Mittens
2. Miller's Hat
3. bind the Robot quilt for my sister's baby
4. the Tickled Pink socks (though they are not cast on - they are surely a UFO!)
5. my project runway sock
6. a pillow sham to match my daughter's quilt
7. a table runner for thanksgiving that I started in 1999...
**seriously, I have several (hundred) other ufo's but I am trying to be realistic for now...
The gun has been fired, I'm off and running!
Finally, a personal goal:
8. I'd also like to run another 5k...actually, I would just like to keep running. That may just parlay into a new year's resolution...