Peaknit

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Winner!

The winner of my 500th post contest is Elise of Hoop Skirt. She is lilachica on Ravelry also. Congratulations - and thank you to everyone for your suggestions! I think I may go with the Tickled Pink socks suggested by my knitting penpal, Christine - in part because they are stinking cute, but also they are quicker in sport weight and would be darling in some Sundara Crushed Cherries. And the "xoxo" theme for my mom would be pretty charming. The jury will be officially out until I cast on - I'll keep you posted! Meanwhile, Elise - please get in touch with your address so I can send some yummy Joy of Sox, etc., out to you.

I have another fun little sharing project to tell you about. Jacqui at TallGrass Prairie Studio has started :: Joy in The New Year ::

new year

It's all about getting unfinished objects done. I came up with a random number really - 7. Every finished project counts as an entry for prizes. Here's the the 7 I need, I mean, would like to finish before the new year:

1. Breathe Deep Mittens
2. Miller's Hat
3. bind the Robot quilt for my sister's baby
4. the Tickled Pink socks (though they are not cast on - they are surely a UFO!)
5. my project runway sock
6. a pillow sham to match my daughter's quilt
7. a table runner for thanksgiving that I started in 1999...

**seriously, I have several (hundred) other ufo's but I am trying to be realistic for now...

The gun has been fired, I'm off and running!

i_did_it
Finally, a personal goal:
8. I'd also like to run another 5k...actually, I would just like to keep running. That may just parlay into a new year's resolution...

4 Comments:

Blogger t does wool said...

congrats to the winners!! and great choice of sock.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

What a great plan to work on the FO's. And to keep running. :)
Looking forward to seeing the socks you knit and congrats to the winner!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Finish-o-rama! What a great idea. The Tickled Pink socks would be very cute in Crushed Cherries. BTW, have you had trouble with Sundara yarn bleeding? I'm so disappointed with how much dye is coming off my ruby port Aran Silky Merino!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Trisha said...

Very cute pattern pick. I have never seen that pattern before. I love the X's and O's. Looks like you have a great list of UFOs to finish. I picked 13...yeah I'm in trouble!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home