Peaknit

Sunday, November 29, 2009

I am calling off the search party...

Do you ever just get something stuck in your head and you have to find it? I have Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitter's Almanac, I know I do. I have made the baby february sweater - this may be the only bit of proof to myself that really, I had it. I saw these gorgeous mittens this morning - you need to peek over - rav_link. They are EZ's mitered mittens, which I have admired a thousand times without really feeling like I NEED to knit those, now. Well, not until today. The mittens are knit by CatReading from some handspun spun by the talented Amanda, aka Wannabe. I am so inspired to pull out a sacred skein of my own handspun and knit a pair (finally, something to use this handspun for, I mean I just pet it, hello?)- maybe a pair for me first - to make sure they are "okay" to gift. You totally see through my excuses, don't you?

So, anyways, getting back to my original point (I swear to God, ADD)- my book is gone somewhere in my house, but gone nonetheless. I give up *hands raised high*. I have looked everywhere - but because I know have several other projects going I will try very hard to turn off my nuerosis and wait for another copy - patiently. However, isn't is a clever coincidence that my husband is going to the bookstore today? I'm saying a teeny, frivolous prayer that Barnes and Noble, or anywhere, will have it in stock.

sour_fig
Sour Fig Hello Yarn Club...perhaps destined to be mitered mittens? (after I ply it, or course:)

ETA: Everyone can go home, I have the pattern! Thank you (you know who you are)!

9 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Your mittens are going to be wonderful!!

5:50 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

I just spent the last hour scouring for a pattern for opera gloves...yes...a prayer...and it magically turned up!
the mittens will be fabulous!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Oh, I'm glad you got it! I've certainly had that happen before, and it's no fun. Can't wait to see the mittens.

9:07 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

So glad you found it! Loved wannabe's mittens too!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

This exact same thing happened to me with the exact same book! I had to go to the library to check out a copy. Later I found the book inside another book, because it's so small it slipped in there.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Susan B. Anderson said...

i love your blog and your knitting and your spinning and your quilting and your reading.... you are awesome!

hope you are well.
susie

7:51 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I saw those this morning too! Loving them. I wanna make some myself. Can't wait to see yours!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Oooh that soon to be plied handspun would be awesome for those mittens. So, you must have had the book in a safe place ;)

6:07 PM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

OOOO! Gorgeous Sour Fig yarn. Fancy spinnin' there Tex!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home