Peaknit

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Breathe Deep...

breathe3
Breathe Deep - in Plucky Knitter MCN in 1963

My Breathe Deep mittens are done - the pattern is by Kirsten of Through the Loops - and I would say she hit another one out of the park. And the name, it is so fitting as we are about to round the bend to holiday chaos. For now, these pretties will go on my pile of misfit knits - ready for gift giving. I just feel like knitting anything that fancies me, so what is next? A quick Plucky plug, the MCN is positively delicious to work with - so sproingy! I. love. it. I found my woven ends want to sneak out a bit, I think because it is such a nice round yarn, so I wove in extra!

My family and I just enjoyed our Thanksgiving ham - we had turkey at my in-laws on Sunday, so we shook it up a bit. We went around and said what we were thankful for - my littlest one said she was thankful for lollipops - so we're starting small this year. That isn't a bad thing. I am personally, so thankful for healthy children, and a healthy family. A co-worker's 5-year-old was recently diagnosed with a cancerous tumor in her brain stem. We have all watched this little sweetie grow up and it is so painful to imagine this is really happening...and the prognosis is poor. So, please hug your children or your spouse, or even your cat today. Life throws us some curveballs now and then, so any little bit of goodness is something to take time and marvel from time to time. Take good care blogging friends - I am thankful for you!

10 Comments:

Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Stacey! Lovely mittens! And yes, the Plucky MCN is divine!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Love the mittens. I'm nursin my little one right now and giving her tiny hand lots of kisses!

12:58 AM  
Blogger Trisha said...

I can't imagine the pain of having to go through that with one of my kids. I am so thankful that they are healthy. Your mittens are so lovely.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I am also thankful for our healthy family this year - can't imagine having to go through a health crisis with one of my children.

I love the mittens - I'll be adding that pattern to the queue for sure.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Jill L said...

Gorgeous!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Your mittens are lovely! I just ordered this pattern, along with some other ones from KK.
And Plucky yarn is absolutely wonderful!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Pretty mittens! What a great idea-- knit what you want, and figure out what to do with it later :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

What a pretty, pretty mitten! The color is to die for. Happy belated Thanskgiving to you!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Love these mittens, very cool! Also your coin quilt in the previous post is beautiful. Glad I found your blog :)

7:24 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

These are gorgeous!

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home