Peaknit

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Mama's got a brand new scarf!

And I am kind of in love with it.

CanonXT 063
Eternity Scarf knit in Pigeonroof Studios Siren II Worsted :: Vitals

It is a continuous circle and can be worn many different ways. It was a quick and relaxing knit. I started it at the dimly lit Harmony bar for knit night. It felt so nice to re-join the group after not going since fall. I really miss women sometimes, just to sit and chat about whatever - it felt great.

I got another lovely "dose of women" at an overnight spa retreat with a good friend. She and I enjoyed the peace, got massages, lolled around in the hot tub, over ate on room service and had lights out by 10pm. She does not knit but she is the friend that drives and says "get your knitting out" - gotta love that. She is also the friend that says "that looks great on you, you should probably buy it". Love.

Laslty, I enjoyed women with my husband - that sounds risque when I read it to myself. But we watched Whip It last night. An indy film directed by Drew Barrymore about roller derby starring Ellen Page. If you liked Juno, you will enjoy this quirky yet charming film. There is a roller derby event coming to Madison on Valentine's Day, I kind of think I want to go. Nothing says love like a herd of tough broads in fishnets throwing elbows.

5199gm159uL__SL500_AA240_

p.s. the woman who gave me a massage said things like "train wreck", "do you run, A LOT?!", "buns of steel, and not in a good way" and "you need more massages, sister" - so I see more relaxation in the near future - afterall, it's an order.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty! It looks really nice on you. Don't you love it when knits work out? ;)

Buns of steel, and not in a good way, eh? Yeah, might be time for some more relaxation. I think Valentine's roller derby would help with that. All that primal yelling and such. ;)

6:12 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

OOoh, I love the color on you. This is one project I really messed up and had to frog. I would like to make another and get it right. So great about your iPod. Honest people do exist!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

I absolutely love your scarf! I have to make one of those soon!
There are so many great patterns out there....it's amazing!
Glad that you got your iPod back safe and sound. Makes you feel good about the world, doesn't it?
My hubby returned $3 to the bank teller who screwed up on Friday, and got an awesome mug in return!

7:59 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

That color looks amazing on you! Great scarf!!

And yay for spa weekends!!

5:57 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Fantastic! And I don't believe I've ever seen you LOVELY face before:)

8:27 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Great scarf -- I love the color! I really, really need one of those infinity scarves...

10:06 AM  
Blogger Journeying Five said...

loving the eternity scarf, so nice that it can be worn multiple ways.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Beautiful scarf!! Love the color!

8:13 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

great color!!!!!love the scarf~

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home