Peaknit

Sunday, January 17, 2010

welcome world

jack2

Jackson 6 pounds, 12 ounces - 19 inches

My new nephew - what a peanut. He was born Friday - and is just a wonderful little man. Especially charming when considering that my own 4-year-old is now jumping on her bed "I. Want. A. Kiss." since being put to bed a bit early after three chances. It truly is hard not to giggle just a little.

And other drama...
CanonXT 383

My Ingenue is blocking as I type. Hmmm. Before I went on to the sleeves, I thought I should block and see if it was worth going forward as it seemed short. But now, blocked - it might be okay - but I won't know until the sleeves are on. Worst case scenario...I may have to pull back the bottom band to add some length. Wait, no, worst case scenario is to pull it back to the cowl and call it a day.

13 Comments:

Blogger Trisha said...

Congrats on your little nephew. What a cutie! I have been wondering how your sweater was coming along. Wow, you are fast! It looks beautiful in that color. I hope you don't have to do any frogging. Please share a picture of you wearing it when it is all finished. I am very tempted to cast one on after I finish my CPH.

8:30 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Congrats!! He is such a sweet little thing!!

And oh!!! Look at your sweater already done! Love it!

9:46 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

Oh, Congratulations on your precious, new nephew! What a sweet bundle.

I think the sweater will turn out beautiful in the end. I've never seen a bad one.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Congratulations! I hope he loves all his new knitted and quilted goodies :) And the sweater will be great! The color is fantastic. I'll see it in March, (I hope!)

10:41 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Hello baby! What a darling little one.

Ingenue is looking beautiful. That yarn looks absolutely luminous.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! He's precious!!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Congrats on your nephew! Hoping the sweater works for you, it is so pretty!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Loving the pic of the nephew and the sweater. I love TPK yarn!
Is Jackson wearing an Auntie Peaknit hat?

5:36 AM  
Blogger Victoria said...

What a cutie!

The sweater looks great. Hope it turns out how you want it too.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

What a sweet little baby boy!

And your sweater -iIt looks fabulous!

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a sweet little fella.

10:19 AM  
Blogger mle said...

Congrats on the new nephew! He is precious!
Well, I'm just a bit behind you on my Ingenue....yours looks fabulous so far! I had to add quite a bit of length to mine but I do that to most of my sweaters since I'm a bit long waisted.

4:25 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Congrats on the little man, so cute! Your Ingenue looks amazing, such a great yarn you chose.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home