Peaknit

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Best Day Ever!

Okay, maybe I'm overselling a bit in the title. I had no cavities today at my check up. No, I am not 7, I did not get my picture taken - but I am so glad. I never don't get bad news at the dentist. I don't really have horrible teeth, but man, cavities find me or they need to be replaced (I blame growing up in the country with no fluoride) and the older I get, the closer I get to asking (no, begging) for valium when I have to go in. I don't even mind the shot - its the noise, noise, noise, NOISE of that pesky drill. So good news is good. And I told everyone I saw today - I wish I would have gotten a sticker "I have no cavities today" but I didn't think of it, in my excitement to get out to the car to call my husband. It truly is the simple things.

And speaking of my husband. He has been asking for a hat forever. But he has a kind of big head and I didn't believe he would wear it. Plus he wanted it to be yellow. So manly and yellow, that is a tall order. Then he had an issue with his brain last month - jeez, there is no way to casually say "brain problem" is there? It has turned out to not be super horrible, but could be inconvenient, scary and lead to surgery later this year. He should ultimately be just fine - but wow - when faced with this, I kind of had a mini-melt down, catastrophizing myself silly. Suddenly, a hat seemed like a meager offering. Like the least I could do. So a hat he got. The Marson Watch Cap - with some minor modifications. I like how the twisted rib is so distinctive and textured. It fits and he is happy. Of course, now that he is okay (for now) and we can make fun of him again, he is the man in the yellow hat. To which his rebuttle is "it is the color of winners". He is a biker and into that Tour De France yellow jersey winner stuff. Whatever - he is the man in the yellow hat - and has not one but two monkies - ages 4 and 9.

marsan

10 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

Sedation dentistry - it's wonderful. It's the only way for one of my boys to have his cavities filled. Positive thoughts to your house...

7:52 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Yay, no cavities! That's a happy yellow hat :) I hope you continue to have good days like these, especially when it comes to brains.

8:46 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Okay, if I didn't already love you bunches, well, I would love you more now! Seriously, me and the dentist. Can't handle the NOISE! I love my dentist because she knows I come with my ipod and she knows if anything (e.g., root canal, cavity) more than a cleaning is needed, valium. I'm so glad there are others who understand this a bit :)

As for hubby, love the hat and hugs and prayers that he is healthy soon!

10:28 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

That is my dream date with the dentist... But I need to become a better flosser first. Scary stuff with your husband, glad it is going so well now and that he can wear that great hat!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

YEAH for your dentist appt! I sent you a PM on Rav with good wishes and thoughts for your hubby!
PS - my hubby would love this hat!!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Hurray for good news from the dentist, and I hope all goes well with your husband's health.

The new hat looks fabulous!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

No cavities - woo hoo! That's awesome. Also awesome is that yellow hat...the yellow is a very manly yellow and the spiraly decreases look so cool. I hope your husband is doing well and I'll pray for no further issues down the road!!

11:18 AM  
Anonymous kim said...

Ok, can I tell you a braggy, little secret? I am 46, and I have never had a cavity - ever. Thank you Crest! I do not know what I will do should I ever have to have actual dental work because I am the biggest baby ever!

I love that your husband asked for a hat. Such a great color.

8:40 PM  
Blogger t does wool said...

dentists...don't ever break a tooth...my advice...haha...
nice yellow knit...

10:33 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Hope all your future trips to the dentist are as wonderful.
Great hat -- my bike riding husband would totally love one like that too.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home