Peaknit

Sunday, January 24, 2010

a quiet sunday...

Wow, I can hardly believe this weekend is almost to a close - the family time just flies by so quickly. I was blessed with another visit to my sweet nephew, Jack. I even got to snap off about 70 pictures in an effort to get one for an announcement - totally flattered to death to do that. I just love this little boy. My visit reminded me of the chaos of those first days. Especially my first, not knowing up from down, what each whimper means, getting peed on, just gazing at a baby's face. Makes my heart ache a little to remember those moments.

CanonXT 026
1 week :: 1 day

Today I made a hat - it was super fun and super fast - Heart on a String by Susan B. Anderson. It is free over at the blog she writes for Blue Sky Alpacas. I am never disappointed with their yarn, it is always so squishable and decadent. The Sweater Worsted was no exception. And with colorways named Watermelon and Ice Cream, totally lickable. This particular model is for my co-worker's daughter. She is a darling kindergartner suffering a terminal illness. Things look up and then they don't, so quickly things turn on a dime. She can have a little love with her all the time, and keep her little noggin warm. I feel so sad for them, I am reminded how I am so blessed to have a sassy 4-year-old of my own.

CanonXT 083

9 Comments:

Blogger Jeanie said...

Ha! I made that hat too! For Zoe, maybe I can figure out how to get a pic up on Facebook...she doesnt have it yet tho... I think I will put a lining in it for her.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Jeanie said...

and then.... I forgot to mention the cuteness of your nephew and the angelic looking model. I will add your co-workers child to my list of nightly blessings for those who might need extra. Did you buy the yarn here or order it? Have a good week.. wouldnt it be nice if the week went as fast as the week end?

6:50 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Your nephew is soooo gorgeous! Congratulations to your sister and your family!

And what can I say about the hat its just precious:) Makes me want to go knit one for myself. Only I don't think I can get away with it he he...

7:59 PM  
Blogger Caffeine Girl said...

What a beautiful little boy. I love the way your pictures shows how tiny newborns are.

So sad about your co-worker. Nothing is harder than losing a child. The hat certainly shows how much you care.

7:27 AM  
Blogger t does wool said...

he is precious! Congrats to you and your entire family.
the hat is so sweet

9:06 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

oh my gosh... he is beautiful! so tiny... were mine really ever that tiny? :)

my heart breaks for your co workers daughter...
that hat will absolutely bring joy and warmth!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

What a sweet hat, and my heart goes out to your co-worker and daughter. :(

And little Jack...oh my goodness, what a cutie pie.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Journeying Five said...

what a great hat! think I might whip one up too! thoughts to your friend's daughter.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous kim said...

Oh, my! Look at how tiny he is. I love that newborn stage.

The hat is utterly adorable!

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home