Peaknit

Monday, March 01, 2010

I'm a dip...

for the dipped infinity scarf that is...

I'm a dip

Here is my color plan. I needed a simple knit to compliment my Peasy Sweater - which is kind of a tedious, take forever kind of project. I have been loving all of these amazing inifnity scarves as ravelry - The Plucky Knitter even sold a few kits to try. Of course, I jumped the bandwagon seconds too late to get one of those, so I made my own. The MCN is crack-a-lackin. I have so much freaking sock yarn, I should be committed - so it seems like a project made in heaven, since you use 8 sock yarns. Once I looked at the whole cache - it was hard to pick which would make it into the scarf. Kind of like qualifications for the short track in the Olympics - I'd look at four, pick two...so on. I think it will be a quick knit - I'm this far in one evening...

dipped infinity

I also have to share this yummy recipe after finding it on flickr of all places. Adrian from HelloYarn has a gorgeous Dutch Baby pancake on her photo page - omg. I plotted all weekend to come home from work early today to make one for myself - you know, kind of a test run before I hand it off to the family. Jeez, wow. And I bet you have everything you need in the pantry - you can dress it up any way you like. amen.

mmm

You should really check out all of Adrian's gorgeous pictures if you haven't. She posts cool recipes and links too.

14 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

That's going to be a pretty scarf! I love the colors you've chosen.

That pancake looks divine. I will have to try the recipe!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Trisha said...

That pattern is going to be gorgeous with the yarn you picked. Way to use your stash!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Yummy... to both pics ;-) Can't wait to see the scarf finished.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Marisol said...

Man I am really digging this --the opportunity to do some major stash busting.... Music to my ears!

I will have to go check this pattern now.. Sorry Stacey--I just might have to copy you real soon:)

5:58 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

That is going to be just gorgeous!!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I too may have to copy you - I have so much sock yarn and I don't even knit socks. I really should be committed !

8:52 PM  
Blogger Journeying Five said...

Can't wait to see it done! Absolutely stunning colours!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My mother-in-law makes Dutch Babies when we beg her to. YUM!!!

12:56 AM  
Blogger Knitting Out Loud said...

GORGEOUS colors!!!

5:45 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

It's going to be gorgeous! I love all those colors -- just what we need at this point in the winter.

12:19 PM  
Blogger mle said...

OMGosh! my friend made us Dutch Baby pancakes once....to die for!!! yum, yum, yum!
Your scarf is going to be gorgeous!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Oh my goodness, I can't wait to see this all knit up. It is going to be GORGEOUS!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Knitting Kris said...

Impeccable taste in colors! I have enough Fiberphile in their MCN crack to knit one (and probably Plucky too). Let me tell you, that MCN base has me by the heartstrings! :)

6:17 PM  
Anonymous lucy said...

the yarn is so delicious! I colours are so vibrant.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home